WTB 250W metal halide fixtures

Spudsly

BRS Member
Looking to buy 3 metal halide fixtures reflectors ballasts etc. Would prefer single ended.

hey go look on the big forum reef too reef (dunno if you get flack for calling them out on this forum). Look in dry goods for sale, someone selling a trio of nice reefbrite halides just posted very recently.

I have a bunch of single ended halide stuff laying around that you can have for free, there is a DIY 3 x metal halide reflector with single ended sockets.
I am in Concord MA 01742

Your not worried about bulb availability? I feel even now they are impossible to find new old stock bulbs as Andrew bought most suppliers out lol..

Very worried. It's definitely one of the reasons the stuff is so cheap. I do have faith that SOMETHING reasonable will always be available. I'll initially try to stock up on popular bulbs that are still floating around and see how long I can push it out, but even now theres a bulb by reef brite that I think is fine and still in production so I can keep my eyes on it.

My other choice for lighting a 6' x 3' was to get 4 of the XR30 blue knockoffs. However, those are like $180 each new. Metal halide seems to make a lot of sense to me right now even if there's an end date looming.

Last edited:
Back