300 Gallon AGE tank; any know of any companies that can move this into my house.

Here is a shot of where the tank will be. Notice the doors. (same door in previous post) The tank will replace the 1/2 wall.

upstairs2.jpg

Thoughts?
Hire! :)

Seriously,
Call around to some local riggers, crane company (small shop no union)
I can't say for your town but down here that's a ~$500- $600 job.

Cheap Cheap when you consider the potential exposure to liability, damage to the tank, damage to your home and you being hands off to take photos :)

:) Thanks anyone know of any local riggers, crane companies in the Norfolk area? Im in Wrentham, but any company in like North Attleboro, Foxboro, Walpole would work.

Outside of Marcs suggestion, if I put it on the appliance dolly with a couple of guys to help, I'm sure we could walk it up the stairs no problem. I've moved 125's by myself on it.

Talked to AGE, I'm going to contact a few local Riggers to see what it would cost to have the tank picked up and put in the front of the house, near the door or in the door. Then from there i would be looking for help to get it onto a furniture dolly, moved into place and then picked up and set on the frame. 5 or 6 guys should be able to pick the tank straight up and onto the leveled frame. Looks to be a couple weeks out as they are working on the millwork. Beer, food who's in? ;) Once I get the estimated delivery date I will update this thread. :)

I might be able to help, depending on what's going on of course. ;) I'd love to get a good look at an AGE tank in person. :)

What are you doing for lighting, skimmer, etc.?

Whats the weight on this tank? Maybe im missing something but why cant 6 guys move it by hand into your house? If your talking about riggers and cranes your gonna pay a minimum of hours probably 4.

Back