560 Build, Gina's worst nightmare...

Coloform. I have to say, Gloucester's water system is poor at best. With the installation of the city's "step" sewage system, our excrement now travels through a higher quality piping system than our drinking water, though I can see how the mistake was made, with all the coloform in the water, the two are easy to confuse... :rolleyes: :cool:

Well you know all those car magazine where the girls are all sprawled out. I think you need to push the pool table near the tank. Get some people/ Girls over and shoot a calendar or somthing. I think that would be the best. Great looking tank. But you need to show that thing off!:D

Well you know all those car magazine where the girls are all sprawled out. I think you need to push the pool table near the tank. Get some people/ Girls over and shoot a calendar or somthing. I think that would be the best. Great looking tank. But you need to show that thing off!:D

I'm thinking one girl in front of it is just fine ;) and I'm not sure I like the idea of pushing the pool table closer to the tank. :: ::

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about NSW. Judging from all the complaints about your tap, maybe NSW is a better option. ;)

The photo shoot idea is a good one. Nick can supply the camera and the females. :D

Truly amazing. Jack of all trades and master of none. True American reefer grit at work. I love it and you'll be proud of it when completed. You'll be able to step back and say... "I did that?" I'm enspired, when do the viewing tickets go on sale?

closer to the tank for some pics not to play.
I'm thinking one girl in front of it is just fine
Well I wouldnt mine but i dont think dave wants to post you all over the the site like that. :)

This thread has inspired me to go bigger. But, where to put it?

Great Set-up. Great Job!

....update??....

Is it still considered an update if you go backward? :confused: :(

About six months ago (roughly) we went through a sort of long downward spiral with the tank. To make a long story short, much of what we had has been lost, and the tank is at this point, almost a fowlr set-up, save for a few remaining corals, and a giant clam. After coming so far, then losing nearly all of it, I just don't have the heart (nor does the wife) to start over from scratch again.

I hate to end the thread this way, and I was dreading having to make this post, but the tank is coming down. We're not getting out, but after reevaluating what we want to get out of, and to put into our reef, we have decided to drastically downsize, and change directions a bit.

The upside I guess is that I have a new system to build, and I am pretty excited about it. So stay tuned, it may not be anywhere near as big, but I think it will be pretty nice, and a fairly unique system as well.

This thread has inspired me to go bigger.

Bigger you say? How about a 560?

I know this guy...

;)
:p

Is it still considered an update if you go backward?

About six months ago (roughly) we went through a sort of long downward spiral with the tank. To make a long story short, much of what we had has been lost, and the tank is at this point, almost a fowlr set-up, save for a few remaining corals, and a giant clam. After coming so far, then losing nearly all of it, I just don't have the heart (nor does the wife) to start over from scratch again.

I hate to end the thread this way, and I was dreading having to make this post, but the tank is coming down. We're not getting out, but after reevaluating what we want to get out of, and to put into our reef, we have decided to drastically downsize, and change directions a bit.

The upside I guess is that I have a new system to build, and I am pretty excited about it. So stay tuned, it may not be anywhere near as big, but I think it will be pretty nice, and a fairly unique system as well.

Bigger you say? How about a 560?

I know this guy...

Well Dave, I, for one, am thrilled to hear that you and Gina are not getting out. Besides, it's in youse guys'iz blood. :D

So will the new system be up and running for a year before we read about it? :p Are you starting it soon or will it have to wait until tuna season is over? :D

(Shhh... what's the new tank gonna be? Describe "unique." I won't tell.)

glad you finally got that announcement off your chest? lol =)

Good luck with the new system, i'm sure it will be awesome. How much is a drastic downsize anyways, more to like a normal tank like the rest of us have, or are we talking downsizing to a solana?

Shoot and I never got to see the tank.:mad: Don’t you just love to hate this hobby. Good luck with your new build.
Michelle

It was a very nice tank I am sure it is hard to let it go.

Lets close it on a good note :)
attachment.php

I wonder if a dooactisousis snipisusisi sp worm caused the problems they had ;)

Really though, bummer to see an amazing tank come down :(

Back