6500k t5 opinion

Mill

BRS Member
Good evening everyone,
Currently going to be messing around a little with the 6 bulb T5 fixture I have. Trying to get the best bulb combo for a natural shallow reef. Just wondering what people think about the 6500k bulbs? Currently have a cheep 6400k grow bulb in there. Just trying to experiment since that’s the fun of this hobby. Any information would be appreciated. I was thinking about doing 2 coral plus, 2 blue plus and 2 6500k.

Attachments

• CC90D98F-4A8B-429C-8AE7-9C1914389A57.jpeg
    CC90D98F-4A8B-429C-8AE7-9C1914389A57.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 155
I used to use one in my Frag tank. Just be prepared it is super white - Yellow. It is suppose to accelerate growth. I wouldn't know though as I couldn't last more than 5 months... I hated the color.

I used to use one in my Frag tank. Just be prepared it is super white - Yellow. It is suppose to accelerate growth. I wouldn't know though as I couldn't last more than 5 months... I hated the color.
How many did you have in your fixture?

How many did you have in your fixture?
At the time I was running a 6 bulb combo 4 blue plus 1 coral plus 1 6500k tropic. It over powers all the other bulbs and looks way too yellow for my liking.

At the time I was running a 6 bulb combo 4 blue plus 1 coral plus 1 6500k tropic. It over powers all the other bulbs and looks way too yellow for my liking.
Yeah it for sure has a look that’s not norm to the overly blue tanks we are all used to these days. I tell ya those LED lights.

I know Adam at Battlecorals uses them. I guess it’s a balance between growth and visual appeal but in a 4+ bulb configuration I think you can easily make it work

Abe from Coral Euphoria uses a GE 5500, I have a aquablue special (12K) gives it a nice crisp blueish white, along with 5Blue+, a Purple+ and a Coral + Wish I had a picture that did it justice

Back