8 gallon nano-sps

dharmajedi

Non-member
ok i have a 8 gallon nano-sps and ric tank. all sps bread and spread by scavdog (thanks again). its got 2x36watt pc's on it. my question is what would people use for bulb temperature on it. right now i got 2 smart bulbs but i not sure i like the look. i was thinkin one actinic and one smart bulb? or one actinic and one 10k. just curious what people would use to maximiize coral coloration. -thanks
tom

Yeah, I think you'll need to stick with very low-light SPS, but it should be fine for all sorts of softies. Some softies have great actinic fluorescence, so I'd definitely get an actinic bulb, and run it a couple hours before and after the white bulb. I'd guess 1 actinic and 1 10K might be a good starting point, but I don't have much experience with PC-only lighting, so I can't give you a good opinion.

Got pics of your setup?

no pics yet i think i will by the end of the week.its lookin to be 10watts per gallon. you still think not enough? well if worse comes to worse this a good reason to go out and get a 75 :) but all in good time i suppose.

i been thinking of puttin the 70watt halide on top of a 20long but i think at the point i decide to get a halide for those 2 tanks it is time for a bigger tank.
so far all the corals look good under the pc's. rics and zoos doin awesome and the monti's and slimer also lookin good and showin growth. only thing i not to happy with is i decided to try the black sand from carib sea for a different look and i not sure i like it. i miss the natural sand and i think my kh is a little lower without aragonite. but yeah i think the halides would rock on my 20long softie tank. maybe switch 20 to sps and do softies in nano.....

Back