90g sump/fuge build help

dreaddy26

Non-member
Hello folks anyone has a 90g sump? I'm looking for help with the baffles as far as height and width. What is recommended for a fuge and what is the best layout. I've been struggling with this and finally need some help thanks for looking and the help.

How far down is the sump from the tank? What size pump are you running? So when power is cut off if there is a back flow down to the sump and you do not want that to overflow. When I made my 40 gallon sump I have three chambers. The first chamber that it drains into has the skimmer in it. 2nd chamber has chaetos with a light above. Then the third chamber is for the return and has a ATO in it. As for my baffles I cut them a hair shorter than the length and used silicone to hold them into place. Then depending on height and the backflow you can determine the height. So I am guessing maybe 16 inch height that would give you around 60 gallons in your sump. Then figure out what kind of equipment you want in your sump. Some equipment may need to be elevated to run properly. I built a stand for my Calcium reactor and protein skimmer. 1 inch PVC legs attached to a plexiglass base.

Last edited:
I can't speak for other people, I just use a glass tank and toss everything inside. Skimmer, ATO, return pump and some live rocks.

Back