A Brief Examination of the Symbiodinium - Cnidarian Symbiosis

Sean Irwin

Non-member
Attached is a draft version of a review paper I wrote for a class a few months back. I'll try to get the reference list attached in the next few days (my endnote software is working correctly). Enjoy!

Attachments

• Symbiosis review.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 287
Great job. In two weeks I'm leaving New England to begin a PhD with the labs of GW Schmidt and WK Fitt (cited in the paper) at the University of Georgia. The paper was very thorough, I picked up quite a bit! Our lab will be working on the adaptive bleaching hypothesis and cellular mechanisms of bleaching/photoinhibition. Post a final version when it's done! Also, what's the class and how did you pick the topic (other than the fact that you're a reefer)?

Thank very much! To answer some of the questions from above: It's from a Microbiology class that I completed a few months ago. This paper is very close to the final version. The final draft contains pictures that I can't republish without permission and a few more paragraphs convering Zooanthelate clade diversity (covered much more throughly in Advanced Aquarist online) and hopefully, fewer spelling/grammer mistakes. The paper was also written for grad school and there's some restrictions on what I can and cannot publish. Thank you all again and I hope it was both informative and enjoyable.

Back