a fer new Pics. and of course need some advice :)

MPevine11

my own mini ocean
getting my sump/Fuge made by LifeReef Filter Systems should be here/done mid july, very excited about that.
when i comes i plan to add some of the Llive rock into the fuge (Is this a good idea? does it work well?)

**Maybe adding another semi picasso clown, Friday........**

apperntly my fire shrimp sheadded, i saw a hermit eating the 'shedding' and i was soo sad i thought my shrimp died. so i removed the 'shed' and fed my fish. All of a sudden out of no were out comes my fireshrimp to eat! i was so happy!!!

i have what i bellive to be pods all over my glass.......any reason they are comming to my glass rather then hangout in the rockwork?

Heres my semi picasso
heel072.jpg

my favroite hermit crab
heel038.jpg

Fire shrimp (when i first got him)
heel002.jpg

heel001.jpg

Last edited:
Right
heel011.jpg

Turbo snail
heel021.jpg

Brown alge i was talking about in another post (im not sure if its going away or if my turbo snail is going to town)
heel013.jpg

I like what you did with the rocks. Nice cove type thing.

just got a new the other semi picasso :)

ill let you all know how it goes! :)

so now i have:
a few hermits (blue and red)
Fire shrimp
turbo snail
purple firefish
2 semi picasso clowns

Are the clownfish really lemon yellow or that was due to the camera white balance?

what do you mean by fancy lps?

and when they eat them, do they destroy the coral competly?

im trying to pick my next fish.....but not sure what i want.
what im thinking:
Flame angel
Six Line Wrasse (need to look up more info on them)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (need to look up more info on them)
Kaudern's Cardinal

OR what would you recomend?

ALSO would like to get coral soon. something simple, and semi easy to care for. i need to get a reef test kit before i do so my questions are
what should i test fir before getting coral?
my brown alge is disipating day by day. should i wait before its competly gone to get coral?
what coral should i start with?

thanks all
-mike pevine-

what do you mean by fancy lps?

and when they eat them, do they destroy the coral competly?

im trying to pick my next fish.....but not sure what i want.
what im thinking:
Flame angel
Six Line Wrasse (need to look up more info on them)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (need to look up more info on them)
Kaudern's Cardinal

OR what would you recomend?

ALSO would like to get coral soon. something simple, and semi easy to care for. i need to get a reef test kit before i do so my questions are
what should i test fir before getting coral?
my brown alge is disipating day by day. should i wait before its competly gone to get coral?
what coral should i start with?

thanks all
-mike pevine-

it's 50\50 whether or not they will pick at corals... the only reason why I said 50\50% is because I had one that didn't pick at anything at all for over a year but this was back in 2003.

if I were you I would go with the McCosker flasher wrasse ditch the sixline its going to be nothing but trouble if you ever want to add another wrasse in the tank. Since you have a closed top your pretty good with any small type of wrasse in your biocube. I would try to block as much off the back chamber because these guys LOVE to jump!

For your first coral get some type of LPS

they chabged the back of the biocube, i dont think any fish could get back there anymore. to many prople probaly complained i know i did about my last biocube 29. now the HQI 29's have a high wall so nothing can get into the back chambers.

as for the McCosker flasher wrasse i need to do some more recearch on them, but does anyone know what they eat??

what should i test for in my water for LPS?

thank you
mike

My first LPS was frogspawn and IMO it's really easy to keep. I don't dose or add anything.

Actually I have a mixed reef with softies (finger leather and xenia), zoas, palys, LPS (frogspawn), and SPS (a few small monti caps and a few small digis) and everything is doing great. And that's under PCs without a skimmer or filter with bi-weekly waterchanges and no dosing or additives. Tank has 4 fish, 2 shrimp, 2 snails, and 4 hermits so I guess the bioload is somewhat low anyways...

Don't agree with the turbo snail post. It won't be too big for your 29g. The maximum they grow is still fine. if you already had a lot of snails then yeah but otherwise, no. I have a turbo and an astrae and an algae blenny and sure enough I still clean my tank glass every few days if I think of it because stuff sticks to the glass. Not a lot of algae by any means at all, but still, more than what they're eating apparently.

Back