A few pics from the zoa tank

ChrisV

BRS Member
The zoanthids are looking nice tonight, so I took a few photos to share. All of these came from club members. I've tagged the members I bought from in case anyone is looking for frags.

PXL_20220122_234401018.jpg

PXL_20220122_234417754.jpg

Rainbow incinerator (-/+ orange filter) from @luu78 in the background are KO Nightmares from @swampy.

PXL_20220122_234630067.jpg

Scrambled eggs from @coralfishreef

PXL_20220122_234541952.jpg

Bambams from luu78

PXL_20220122_234448537.jpg

Utter chaos from swampy!

Looking good!
Thanks! This is a pretty new project. Tank was set up as an 8g first generation IM nuvo cube in September and then converted to a waterbox 15 peninsula in mid December. It's my first real foray into zoanthids. They are neat!

Awesome!
Did you buy big colonies or did you grow them from a few polyps? I hope my zoas get to look as nice as yours!

Nah, you can do it! They look great!
Thanks. They are a new addition. The funny thing about zoas is that they seem to either do great or horribly without making many changes. The corals have looked decent for a while so I thought it would be fun to try them.

Thanks. They are a new addition. The funny thing about zoas is that they seem to either do great or horribly without making many changes. The corals have looked decent for a while so I thought it would be fun to try them.
I know exactly what you mean. For me, Oompah Loompah is my kryptonite. It would grow from 2 to 10 polyps in 6 months then decide to shrink and melt while at the same spot the whole time. My second attempt frag is doing just that for the second time as we speak. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The one that's been driving me nuts is playboy bunnies. I've gotten them from two people and they have an amazing pink color. Then within a few weeks they lose color and look sort of blah. They still grow, but never color back up. I have tried high light, low light, high flow, low flow. Iodine, nitrate, idk man...

Back