Acro Flatworm Egg Pics.

clamm

Nothing to nobody
I was asked by a fellow member if I could get a close up of acro flatworm egg pics to help those who might not know what to look for when searching for these pests. They were able to provide me with a acro that was killed by the flatworms by the egg cysts were still present. *DISCLAIMER* this peice didn't come from my tank. I have free of them thus far, and hope to remain so.

Feel free to comment or ask questions...hopefully one eye and others will join in some discussion.

Attachments

• flatwormeggs.jpg
    flatwormeggs.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 291
Vertial angle. Last pic.

Attachments

• flatwormeggs3.jpg
    flatwormeggs3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Any chance you have a wider shot of the coral so I can kinda figure out where the heck we're looking? :)
Nice pics, clamm. The first shot is a winner!

sure...What we are looking at is the base of a table acro. A sign of a possible infestation is of course "splotches" around the base of the acro. This is one that is zoomed out a little. The skeleton is in my truck so, I can't get a new shot till tomorrow...but we are looking at the back side of a table acro towards the bottom where it has encrusted onto a rock.

Attachments

• flatwormeggs4.jpg
    flatwormeggs4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 283
Next this is a shot of the same area but the table portion of the acro is face down and again we are looking at the capsules attached to the base of the acro.

Attachments

• flatwormeggs5.jpg
    flatwormeggs5.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 271
I have a slew of information I gathered on my website about them, with various pictures as well. Click on the folder to the left of "Acropora Flatworms" to see the various pages.

www.mspreef.com

Yup those are the acro flatworm eggs. I still need some, if you have the chance to grab me some live samples I'd really apprciate it.

You are welcomed to the skeleton, but its been dead for quit awhile. It didn't come from me, and the person who it came from doesnt seem to have them anymore...

Mad Reefer....kinda long story. Check out the "useful threads" that Moe has stickied at the top of the forum.

I don't think I know anyone with them right now. Seems everyone I know that had them, no longer does...maybe they run a course...granted a devastating one...

Back