Acropora tissue recession

Have been contemplating switching out 100% of the rock with tbsw base rock. If there’s something leaching from the rock then that should help. I’m just not sure what to do at this point.

Here’s a pretty good video of every coral. Maybe something will stand out to someone? It’s long, 4 minutes.

Here’s the latest ICP from Fauna Marin. Lots of information on these tests. 7 day turnaround is fast considering testing is done in Germany.

Attachments

• FM ICP 10:7.pdf
    168.2 KB · Views: 68
Macros are a little high but nothing insane but I do notice hair algae in your tank. Trace elements are a little low *zinc and manganese in particular. If it were me, I would be focusing on doing 15% -20% water changes and keeping things stable. see how it looks in 1 mth after weekly WCs.

when I had some algae issues I used Microbacter 7 and Clean to help and it cleaned it up after 6-8 weeks of dosing the bacteria. I dont know if my marcorock was leaching or it was just a great surface for algae spores to adhere but after dosing and picking off the strands, it was miraculously gone from dosing/WCs/manual removal. You're nowhere near the level I was at but IME the stuff was a god-sent.

Macros are a little high but nothing insane but I do notice hair algae in your tank. Trace elements are a little low *zinc and manganese in particular. If it were me, I would be focusing on doing 15% -20% water changes and keeping things stable. see how it looks in 1 mth after weekly WCs.
I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of dosing individual trace elements. I’m doing 30% water changes with Red Sea marine salt and using kalk for alk/ca. odd that some of the macros are elevated and a number of trace are depleted.

when I had some algae issues I used Microbacter 7 and Clean to help and it cleaned it up after 6-8 weeks of dosing the bacteria. I dont know if my marcorock was leaching or it was just a great surface for algae spores to adhere but after dosing and picking off the strands, it was miraculously gone from dosing/WCs/manual removal. You're nowhere near the level I was at but IME the stuff was a god-sent.
I dose clean and have noticed an improvement. The day after a water change I use Ecco balance at half dose. Maybe things will improve.

I picked up some frags at a local swap on Saturday. I’m interested in seeing how they acclimate to the tank.

I dont blame you on the dosing the trace elements...thats why i figured water changes would be good for replenishing them. That is a rabbit hole.

Back