Acropora tissue recession

regarding the rust on ATO, it could be contributing to the STN issue but I am not sure it will have that much impact.
Are you on well water or town water?

regarding the rust on ATO, it could be contributing to the STN issue but I am not sure it will have that much impact.
Are you on well water or town water?
Town water using ro/di that is well maintained, meaning I change filters on a schedule.

Removed the titanium heater and couldn’t find any rust, the tube looked fine. I ended up switching out the heater and will send an Icp in a couple of months.

I see you said you are running some gfo which will remove aluminum allegedly, not sure how quickly though.Cubrisprb is cheap and worked quickly for me,my level was only 100.

Removed the titanium heater and couldn’t find any rust, the tube looked fine. I ended up switching out the heater and will send an Icp in a couple of months.
The issue is not rust, it is the titanium alloy (these heaters are not made out of pure titanium) leaching metal in the water such as aluminum and others.

Also, when the seal of titanium heater leaks, it is hard to tell unlike glass heaters.

@dz6t Thanks for the information.

I noticed a little bit of stn on a stag at the base. Seem like it could be flow related since the color is fine. The flow has been fairly low due to trying to keep a torch and frogspawn content. Turned up the flow this morning and will watch to see if the tissue grows back.

I don’t think it is related to the same issue since the recession doesn’t look the same.
IMG_3874.jpeg

you can use reef putty on the bottom of frag plugs or places that do not touch coral flesh. Otherwise use superglue gel.

Here’s another acro that I had to frag at the base due to recession. The coralites are losing tissue. Lost as to the cause.

IMG_3875.jpeg

Basically it is hard to figure out. What are you dosing into the tank?

Basically it is hard to figure out. What are you dosing into the tank?
Seems almost impossible to figure out. Been dealing with this since March. BRS two part with Tropoc Marin part a and k. Also dose kalk at night. Alk is steady between 7.3-7.6

How about stop the Tropic Marin trace elements for a while to see if there is any improvement?

How about stop the Tropic Marin trace elements for a while to see if there is any improvement?
Will do. For the past couple of weeks I haven’t needed to use the 2 part, kalk at night via a dozer is all that has been needed.

Have you changed your ro filter and membrane. Sbb corals and battlecorals swear by months change outs. I do 4 months now. Also dosing at night may be causing ph swing. It is not being consumed during that time. Just a thought.

Any update? things rebounding?

Try getting back to basics. Water changes, no additives apart from alk/calc/mg,Run carbon for a few days. clean out sump, check tds of ROdi, etc...

Hopefully, things are recovering.

Any update? things rebounding?

Try getting back to basics. Water changes, no additives apart from alk/calc/mg,Run carbon for a few days. clean out sump, check tds of ROdi, etc...

Hopefully, things are recovering.
The digi’s are doing well….. most acros seem to be fine, with a few still having some mild recession issues (some burnt tips). I sent in an Icp to Fauna Marin, curious what that will show. The Fauna Marin tests for much more than the company I’ve been using, including ro/di water.

I’m working on keeping things stable. Nutrients seem to be in a good place, .04 po4 and around 9 for nitrate.

Thanks for checking in.

Back