AcroPower

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
The directions with AcroPower state it can be used once a week or as often as daily, I have been using it once a week and not seeing a big difference. For those that use it how often do you add it?

Thanks,

Jim

From my experience, it hasn't done anything for my acros. Other state that it has. I tried the weekly and the daily dose during the day but nothing different.

I put about 8ml per day (when I remember) in my 180. I don't know that the corals look any better or grow any faster than before. Maybe they do. But, the stuff doesn't seem to hurt anything so I keep using it.

I use the recommended amount for daily, but I do it every other day. Haha.....
Does seem to bring out colors and PE. I ran out and wasn't going to get it again and my acro's were fine but got a little drab.

Acropower is a blend of amino acids and that is all.
One of the amino acid is known to trigger coral feeding respond hence the polyp extension.
There is no tin in it.

We have been dosing it at the rate of 2ml every 3 hours into a 500 gallon mixed reef system for just over 3 months now, and have noticed much better coloration and polyp extension on both the SPS and LPS in this system...
I also add it to our food mix at the shop so it get fed out a few times a week at the shop, and I will let our Corals speak for themselves as to their liking.... ;)

For matter of fact, if you see immediate positive result from dosing acropower, it means your coral is starving. If you see no difference, it actually mean your system is pretty good.

Back