adding carbon. what brand do you use?

nitrofish

reefing again!
I want to add carbon to my xp3 canister filter, just wondering what brand you like. also how do i place this in my filter, directly into the chamber or in some sort of sack?

also I want to add a phosphate remover because Im positive thats whats causing my alage problem, what brand should I get for that?

I use ESV and like it but I'm sure there are many good brands. You only need a sack if it's to fine to be contained by your filter container.

Jim

I use Black Diamond by Marineland - I put it right in the chamber in my Magnum 350 canister. And I use Phosban in a phosphate reactor. I got the reactor at Macna for $35 - it was cheap and it's extremely effective. My phosphates were pretty high (I think they were around .25 :eek: ), now they are down to 0. The reactor hangs off the tank or sump and you run it all the time. I think it was a good investment. I no longer have any hair algae or diatoms.

I use Aqua-Tech Activiated Carbon from WalMart. Its cheap and made by Marineland. I wonder how it compares to Black Diamond :rolleyes:

Back