Adding T5 fixture

Slombardi

BRS Member
I have never used T5's before, but I am looking at getting one of these hybrid fixtures to help with shading from my single XR30. While a second XR30 would be nice, this Aquatic Life hybrid fixture is more in my price range. My question is - what should I get for bulbs?

I believe ATI or Geismann just came out with a hybrid fixture as well if you’re looking for other options in fixtures

I believe ATI or Geismann just came out with a hybrid fixture as well if you’re looking for other options in fixtures

Thanks Chris. I saw the Geismann but looks very similar to the aquatic life but just more $$

How long do you have the ati blue + on? My Radion peaks between 3-7.
I only have two t5 supplements where the aquatic life adds 4 but I have them turn on 2 hour pre peak time for led and turn off two hours prior to lights out. (1-9, have my lights 11-11)

Id start them slow and work them to where you comfortable. Maybe the middle two hours the add a hour every couple weeks or so.

I only have two t5 supplements where the aquatic life adds 4 but I have them turn on 2 hour pre peak time for led and turn off two hours prior to lights out. (1-9, have my lights 11-11)

Id start them slow and work them to where you comfortable. Maybe the middle two hours the add a hour every couple weeks or so.

Yea I think the middle two hours is a good idea. I am thinking of getting 2 blue+, 1 coral + and 1 actinic.

Back