After split care

Sparky88

Non-member
Had my large black widow split on me. I no ppl dip in iodine after cutting. should I do the same after natural split. Is infection a problem in this kind of situation? Should I cut them when I see there about to split to save it some pain and have the split point be clean cut. One other one I have seems to have a section that is forming a mouth and stretching away from disk.

I typically just leave it alone to heal on its own. Nature does not dip it [emoji16] you may actually do more damage trying to remove it to dip in in my opinion anyways. If you frag it then I would reccomend to maybe dip. Happy Reefing[emoji226]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I must of saw it right after. Youcan see pick in the other thread. Damage look pretty bad but by morning it had closed the tear to form a circle again.

I wouldnt dip the whole rock. You'll see some die off of whatever is living inside and have an ammonia spike I wager.

Thanks I guess nature is just cruel. I thought cuting them was mean. But dam the caridge of a natural split is crazy. Not clean cut at all. I think I'd of done a better job with dull butter knife lol.

I have had 1 dkh moves in alk while trying to nail down dosimg levels. Is that alot for lps dom tank?

If the same anemone splits twice in a row, your water conditions have issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains it.
If you want to keep a large one, keep the flow low and not feed it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back