Ahh flat worms!!!

Thanks for all the help guys and gals. I did the treatment yesterday, and It worked awesome!!! It was a bit of a nail biter, but I stuck it out and so far so good. I will post some pictures up tonight and will post in a day or two to further the results. Again, thanks to all of you for the help and support!!

That's great. I have them in my sps frag tank so I'm afraid to treat it, but now that you're doing it, and Pallobi says it's O.K., I might give it a try.

Make sure you have fresh filter socks and new activated carbon. I also used a small fish net with a super fine net to scoop out the bugs when they start floating around the tank. Have a fresh bucket of water (I used tap water) to rinse the net off. Good luck.

Yeah, FWE is part of my dipping process for all corals including SPS. Although flatworms lay eggs which FWE will not kill. This is where a QT setup comes in handy.

FWIW, I keep a melanurus wrasse in every tank and haven't noticed any flatworms.

yes it will.I had one with a six line before for about a year untill it went carpet surfing.

Ahhh bummer I'm trying to get my hands on a glass top for my 75g reef. Herd that naso tangs like to jump too and I just got one.

Make some screen tops, I made some for my 75, fits perfectly. Ive seen fish jump right into the top. You can buy the screen at Coral Reef Aquarium and the track and spline at home depot. It will be much cheaper than glass tops, probly cost you less than 20$. All you need is a hacksaw, razor blade, and spline roller to assemble it. PM me if you have any questions.

Back