Air Water & Ice, Dual Home Reef, RO on Tap & water the garden

Scuba_Dave

Non-member
So another project "finished"

Swapped out the Typhoon III for the dual Home/Reef 75 gpd system
Good deal w/group buy so I also bought the Permeate pump, a float valve & added the pressure gauge to the package

I went to HD & bought 100' of the Toro black 1/4" solid tubing & 100' of the same tubing w/built in emitters (drip tubing). I ran 25' to the kitchen sink - leaving an additional 10' curled up for when the kitchen is renovated (sink will move). I put remaining 65' in sump, coiled up & submerged. Water comesin, goes thru the coils - warming up the RO/DI input, cooling off thetank (a little) & then goes to RO/DI.
An additional 25' goes from waste output to the greenhouse. Once it exits the house it switches to the 100' of drip tubing. The drip tubing runs thru the greenhouse & the garden. It's working nicely, we now have RO at the kitchen sink.
Input from the house is 220-235 TDS, output from the DI is 0 of course. I'm using a dual TDS inline meter w/two sensors. I haven't tested the RO yet, I have another dual sensor that will be connected before & after the RO unit
This way I will be able to better track the filters
CPVC run goes from just after the whole house filter over to the RO/DI unit. There is a bare min of copper tubing as the whole house filter is right where the water enters the house
I do not have automated top-off, I don't think I ever will. I do have the float valves, so maybe when I redo the system w/130g sump I will give it a shot

Very happy with this setup. I also have a hose adapter for the drip tubing, this allows me to connect it to the house for times when I am not making water. But as the wife switches to using RO water I am hoping to only water the veggie garden very rarely now

I am thinking of buying more of this next year & using rainwater & a pump to water the other flower gardens. At present I very rarely water the flower gardens & NEVER water the lawn
I have (5) 55g barrels to collect rain water, that should be enough :D

I also E-mailed Walter about the Permeate pump installation
He replied very quickly w/instructions
RO holding tank is full & the system has shutdown
Now I just need to make some more DI for another water change

Back