AM I just being hopeful?

Bearsfish

Non-member
Here is a little background

my tank got wet on October 12, 2019 I would ghost feed every 2 days or so until the 21st then I added a raw shrimp.. took shrimp out after my ammonia spiked up to 2.0 ppm and held for 2 days then I took it back out (25 or 26th) Sunday the 27th I added a nice chunk of live rock to the tank in order to speed up getting some of the microorganisms in the tank. all is typical and normal thus far.

That is until last night. I tested my water and it read 0 ppm for ammonia.

While I see a few diatoms starting on the rock I am not anywhere near the blooms I have had in previous tanks and this seems very very fast...

Should I put another raw shrimp in the tank? should I consider my CUC or first fish and start feeding this tank?

@Chris A. - thank you for the reply!!

I was considering the same thing, but I just don't want to mess things up. My previous tanks followed a very different (and longer) pattern. Perhaps I have learned how to set things up a little better than before? LOL

Thank you so much!!

I am pretty excited. Now I need to either find a good online dealer or an LFS that is reasonably close to me (North Adams) so I can get started on my stock list.

Back