another 125 build!

That's a beautiful stand. Did you construct that on the fly or use plans? Would you be willing to post your plans if you sketched this out before hand? Also, do you need a center post or does the plywood sides offer additional support? Best looking stand I've ever seen.

Thank you for the kind words. i kinda had an idea on what direction i wanted it go but alot was on the fly. I first made the frame, then skinned it and final was adding all the trim details. there is no front post but the beam is doubled up to help take the load, the back has 3/4" plywood thats glued and screwed that provides sheer support. hope this helps

started mixing water today so i built this setup , 35 gallon can with float valve and backup drain that is mounted higher than the float valve , drains into a 5 gallon bucket that will have a stand alone float and siren to alarm of possible flood.
play2011006.jpg

wow that is an amazing stand. totally insane
have you ever tried to build a boat in a bottle yet.

tran

can you detail the components of your sump/refuge?

2 filter socks feed by 2 drains, unions help remove some drain pipe for removal of dirty socks, ball valve above union redirect flow to side pipe so system does not have to be shut down. chamber on left houses SRO 2000xp skimmer, 500w finnex heater, 2 TLF reactors, return section @ rear right with eheim 1262 return pump, ph probe, salinity probe and temp probe, also 3 float valves for ATO and flood alarm. fuge @ front right has DSB, rubble and is feed via drin from display and UV . hope this helps .. jay

125cycle003.jpg

Last edited:
Will you stop it already! It's getting too long.... HAHAHAHAHAHHA some people, Awesome set-up JAY. keep the pic's coming

Back