another 125 build!

not sure on how the hood will play out, probly 3 doors and front/top will hinge up. i will probly do t5 lighting for a short time until funds are available for a full blown LED build.

too funny, im looking for a sump. LOL

Wow that stand looks awsome!!!! wish i could get one built like that for my upcoming 120 setup! Also sent you my address on NHR for the sump!

not sure on how the hood will play out, probly 3 doors and front/top will hinge up. i will probly do t5 lighting for a short time until funds are available for a full blown LED build.

too funny, im looking for a sump. LOL

Let me know what size you are looking for. I have a couple tanks if one fits the bill you are more than welcome to it.

Gee, sort of sounds like Jay needs to make one of the monthly meetings and do a demo presentation.

On how to build a great!, terrific!, strong, stand that looks like a millions dollar piece of living room furniture.

I am not being sarcastic for once in my life, but quite serious. I have seen some of Jay's work.

Well board? What about soliciting Jay's expertise? How much arm twisting will it take?

Nice stand! Looks great in white too. Is it staying white or is that primer?

My stand is rough built, I hope to start work to finish mine in the next week or two. Some nice ideas here.

the stand was finished using poplar wood, then a first coat of diluted primmer applied followed by two more coats of primer and top coated with 3 coats of semi gloss paint. it looks white but its actually a off white/beige color.

lego-fishstuff020.jpg

lego-fishstuff021.jpg

lego-fishstuff023.jpg

ok heres the latest, i found a 40 breeder and got most of the sump built. it will have 2 filter socks with a diverter valve for changing those dirty socks out , i ordered a couple float switches for the DIY ATO, i still need a eheim 1262 return pump and a few misc. items. the tank just fits in the area...kinda like it was planned, but it wasn't

Last edited:
Wow. Loving everything about this build.... I am currently looking for a 40 gallon sump as well. A build to watch for sure.

thanks, i found it very hard to locate a used 40 breeder, i missed the petco $1 a gallon sale and have been kicking myself since.

Back