Any experience with Rusalty?

phg1960

BRS Member
Been looking for a source of amphipods for a while now. getyourpods, which became royalreefs, appears to be out of business. After my last purchase, I think I know why. The only other is aquariumdepot/reefs2go which has a very poor rep.

A search this evening turned up getpods.com or aquaculturenurseryfarms.com. Both referring to rusalty. From what I can see they are all the same company. The multiple names raises an eyebrow. A few okay reviews for getpods can be found, but I'd like to hear more before placing an order.

Ebay is also a place I've been looking. Pretty cheap and a lot of good feedback for some of the sellers.

Ebay is also a place I've been looking. Pretty cheap and a lot of good feedback for some of the sellers.
See the thing about buying off of eBay is you really don’t know what you are getting. Most of the time the people that are buying stuff reef related on eBay haven’t been in the hobby to long and don’t know what they are looking at. If you buy from a website you are atleast guaranteed to get what they say it is and if it isn’t you will get your money back or a replacement. eBay has changed quite a bit imo.

algeabarn for copepods, yes. They do not carry amphipods.

I've seen listings for amphipods on ebay. Crazy expensive prices. Used to be able to get 1k for around $40 and could often get a bogo deal.

Just looking at some ebay listings an noticed Rusalty again. Same person, different prices. Much better on getpods website. I'll have to decide if I feel like gambling or not...

Thanks

Ya, that's the company that I mentioned in my original post. They can be really hit or miss

I think in this weather , every company will be hit or miss. Just too cold to be shipping stuff over 3 day currier

See the thing about buying off of eBay is you really don’t know what you are getting. Most of the time the people that are buying stuff reef related on eBay haven’t been in the hobby to long and don’t know what they are looking at. If you buy from a website you are atleast guaranteed to get what they say it is and if it isn’t you will get your money back or a replacement. eBay has changed quite a bit imo.
Sooooooo true. Me personally I will not use Ebay for anything Live stock related no matter. Don't get me wrong it has its uses.

Amphipods. I get these in my filter socks and place them back in the tank. Scuds are another common name for them. If you are near the ocean or visit during the summer here you can collect them yourself. PaulB on here does this all the time and I have too. I have never lost anything due to this collecting and the animals reproduce in the aquarium after being added.

Placed an order and received a confirmation, receipt, and an everything else. Most scam sites don’t give you anything traceable.
Seems legit to me. Ships in 24 hours. We’ll see. ‍♀️

Attachments

• 11179743-384B-4C6E-A7E1-BFD786E5E2B1.jpeg
    11179743-384B-4C6E-A7E1-BFD786E5E2B1.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 345
Back