Any Majano Wand users?

Technorch

BRS Member
I have a few aphasia that are starting to spread and I've been thinking of buying one of these Majano Wands to get rid of them. I don't want to use any chemical methods or relay on fish to take care of this so I want to attack it head on before it gets bad.

I've read some really good reviews about it but want to see if anybody here has had any experience with them, being positive or negative.

Maybe if it works we can pass it around the club like the par meter =)

I have one and use it. Works good for spot control. Mostly I have used it on Majano and not aptasia.
I have a green paly that goes rouge on me some times and its good for spot killing those too.

For aptasia I have a couple of peppermint shrimp that are working great. Every once and a while I see one. I just leave it and eventually the shrimp fin it and eat it.
I added the shrimp just for the aptasia I had. Took a month or too for them to find them all but eventually they got all of them.

I have been battling aiptasia for a while now and it started out with not too many and I used aiptasiaX an the wand and it seemed to spread them even more. It got the big ones but when the big ones broke apart they spread little fragments to every nook and cranny then you have a real problem. I tried p-shrimp and they were very lazy and didn't touch the aiptasia. Then I got Berghia Nudibranchs and they are going through the aiptasia like crazy. It took them a while to gain some momentum on it but after a few weeks they are really making a dent.

I've used Aptaisia X with success. The thing is to turn off all the flow in the and inject it generously to cover the enter aptaisia and leave the pump without flow for a good 20mins.
I've tried peppermint shrimps but I tend to see them picking on something else(LPS) after the aptaisias are gone. But after removing the peppermint shrimps out of the tank, the aptaisias come back.
To me, aptaisias are part of the game in this hobby. This is why I keep the aptaisia X on hand and avoiding using shrimps or fish to control it because they tend to cause another issue when the aptaisia are gone. But will come back if you don't have them in the tank.

Last edited:
No wand, but my P shrimp are beast, tear threw the aptaisia, tho every time my hand is in the tank they are all over it annoying.
Now if I can just find something for the GHA

I have majano wand, it works well if you have a couple of Aiptasia to keep them in check. I don’t think it’s worth the money, I ended up getting a raccoon butterfly and he works great.

I'm a firm believer in the wand for crowd control and a few peppermint shrimp to gather up the escaped rowdies...

Back