Any recommendations for super quiet air pumps?

reefsmurf

Non-member
Anyone have any recommendations for any air pumps for my 29g HOT skimmer, I just need something quiet. I think I'm going to have to order something exotic from Japan or something. Apparently all the ones I've seen so far are built with "louder is better" in mind :)

>tetra luft<

2nded, but they are now called Coralife. Hopefully Coralife has not had a chance yet to degrade the design. Most things that have the Coralife brand on them I try to avoid.

I have some of these pumps running continuously for 7 plus years with no problems. No breakdowns, or any repairs have yet been necessary. They are pricy, but sometimes you get what you pay for, and this is one of those times. They can pump under high back pressure also.

As long as it's quiet.. i'll pay for the premium :)

Thanks guys! Better get one before it's "Coralife-ized"

reefsmurf said:
As long as it's quiet.. i'll pay for the premium :)

Thanks guys! Better get one before it's "Coralife-ized"
I have one and works great, plenty of air and quiet compared to many others I have had in the past. A bit pricey but to me worth every penny. Also can adjust the volume of air it puts out which is a nice feature

I have a few Dolphin 5 Star pumps and they are pretty quite, maybe a bit big for your app. though, and I have'nt used the smaller ones so I can't say one way or the other about them.

I have the round Dolphin (3 or 4 model, can't remember which) and I can hear the hum/vibrations from 4-5 feet away. It's not TERRIBLE, but looking for something quieter.

Back