Anybody running an AC JR in conjunction with Finnex heaters

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
I use a finnex 300 watt along with a 500 watt and it has the controller to control the heaters. Seems the controller for the heaters is acting kinda weird and was wondering if I could do without the controller and just let the AC control the heaters?

This is the controller
Controller&PH%20monitor.jpg

Kevin,

I would recommend having both thermostats for redundancy.

I had an issue with the thermometer falling out of the tank. If it wasn't for my heaters having their own internal thermostat my tank would have been in trouble.

Brian

I run my finnex through the controller and the ACJr as a safety measure. I set my temp on the ACJr. to 78 and the Finnex controller to 80. If the ACJr should ever fail at least the Finnex controller will stop the temp at 80 and should the finnex controller fail and get stuck in the on position nothing will happen b/c the ACJr. will only distribute power to the DC8 outlet if the temp goes below 78.

Sounds like a nice safety to have both running. Only thing is my finnex controller is acting really weird. The dial doesn't match the temperature so I'll probably pick up a new one.

I guess when it rains it pours:(

Sounds like a nice safety to have both running. Only thing is my finnex controller is acting really weird. The dial doesn't match the temperature so I'll probably pick up a new one.

I guess when it rains it pours:(

i had problems with one of those too

One of my controllers failed and I sent it directly back to the Finnex distributor and he sent me a new one. One a different note, I just picked up the digital finnex controller for my frag tank and so far I like it very much although you probably don't need to spend the extra $$$ on the digital version if you are using it with the ACJr.

I've read a lot of bad reviews on those Finnex controllers, though I've never used them myself however; FWIW, I'm currently running x2 300W Finnex heaters on a Medusa.

Back