Anyone have a Giesemann Spectra?

I don't but I do run a 250w HQI Gieseman pendant. The quality is top notch.
Gieseman and Elos are probably the only two light fixture I would buy from. It's all about the quality for me.

They ain't cheap needer. But I want an unobtrusive light set-up. Ok, my wife is really wanting the unobtrusive light fixture. But I haven't told her the price yet. I know what her reaction will be...

OhMy.gif

Paul,
I'll be getting the Elos Planet fixture early next week. I'll let you know what I think of them. I think a Planet II(2x250w w/4 39w T4) would be tits for your tank.

I've been using the Icecap E-Ballast for over 4 years now with the Geiseman set up and it'll be also powering the Elos I'm getting next week.

FYI,
The spectrum of the Elos MH bulbs that comes with the fixture. Just got it from Jesse(Elos-USA).
The blue curve.
113960e_lite-vs-spectra.jpg

The planet II fixture is $1850 Paul...One is all you need. What I meant was the 2x250w in the fixture should cover your 6foot tank easily. The MH are on the side so you won't get the light fall off on the sides of the tank.

The planet II fixture is $1850 Paul...One is all you need. What I meant was the 2x250w in the fixture should cover your 6foot tank easily. The MH are on the side so you won't get the light fall off on the sides of the tank.

Just one? What about the center ofthe tank?

I'll PM you on where I got it from.
The fixture comes with the MH bulbs but not the T5s.
4T5 is about $100.

Lol, you place the fixture right dead center of the tank. This way, you'll get evenly spread light.
Do I have to bust out my adobe illustrator and draw it for you?

No. :D But I just don't see how a pair of 250W lamps could cover a 6' long tank. Typically you see a minimum of three on a 6'er.

That's because they have it all placed wrong. :D
A typical 250w DE can light an area of 2'x2' square. If you place it right and with the right reflector, you can easily cover a 6' tank. This is why the Elos have them at the ends of the fixture.

That's because they have it all placed wrong. :D
A typical 250w DE can light an area of 2'x2' square. If you place it right and with the right reflector, you can easily cover a 6' tank. This is why the Elos have them at the ends of the fixture.

Graaaavy. I'm going to have 30" depth (front to back), but that's ok since I'd like to keep the very back of the tank a little dark for a sense of depth. This sounds great if it really works on a 6' x 2' tank.

Back