Anyone have a Giesemann Spectra?

I don't know man. It's hard for me to imagine that fixture will have problem lighting an extra 6" on the each side.
Raise up the fixture and I think you should be okay with a 6footer. You notice how low the fixture is in the picture?
Have you looked at the Geiseman 72" fixture?
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...oduct~GL1581~idCategory~FILTFIMHMTMDMLM8.html
The problem with Geiseman I found is that the service support is not great. And with that price you might as well go with 3 Planet I.
I don't know, when I get my Planet I. You're more than welcome to try it on your tank to see if Two of the planet I will cover it.

Nick, that's the Infiniti, which has dimmable T5's IIRC and moonlights. I'm looking at the Spectra. It got 3 x 250 DE or SE, 4 x 80 T5 for ~ $2100 minus the HQI ballasts.

That'd be awesome. I'd love to see it in person.

Thanks Paul. I'm really trying to get this tank back to where it used to. It was more challenging than I thought. I was battling red slime algae for over a month after the crash because the skimmer wasn't skimming the way it used to. My ca-reactor needed to be redialed because of the loss of the corals calcium consumption.

btw, I opened up the ballast box last night and rewired the two ballasts so that they're truly independent from each other. It helps with what I want to do with my lighting schedule.

Thanks Paul. I'm really trying to get this tank back to where it used to. It was more challenging than I thought. I was battling red slime algae for over a month after the crash because the skimmer wasn't skimming the way it used to. My ca-reactor needed to be redialed because of the loss of the corals calcium consumption.

btw, I opened up the ballast box last night and rewired the two ballasts so that they're truly independent from each other. It helps with what I want to do with my lighting schedule.

Do you think you're voiding the warranty on your fixture by re-wiring the ballasts like that?

I'm sure you're tank will reach it's legendary status once again. :)

*Edit - Oh wait, don't you have a Planet I? :confused:

coldshutter said:
I love my Giessman 250w pendant. My acros grow out of the water

Good to hear coldshutter. I should be receiving my Spectra today. I'm pretty psyched.

It's a Planet II. I think the Planet I is the first generation.
I don't think rewiring the ballasts will void the warranty. I'm sure Jesse will take care of me something goes wrong with the fixture itself.

Did you see this?
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1573503
Damn! Could've saved me a couple Benjamins!! And probably would have changed your decision of the Gieseman too if this was posted one week earlier.

It's a Planet II. I think the Planet I is the first generation.
I don't think rewiring the ballasts will void the warranty. I'm sure Jesse will take care of me something goes wrong with the fixture itself.

They say that Elos is a stand-up company.

Did you see this?
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1573503
Damn! Could've saved me a couple Benjamins!! And probably would have changed your decision of the Gieseman too if this was posted one week earlier.

That's a great deal and it's a beautiful looking fixture. But I still wanted to go with three halides. ;)

Back