Anyone using a filter roller on a large system?

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
I'm setting up a 175gal display and wondering what to do.

I have used filter socks and hate the maintained that goes with them.

I have read that filter roller may load up rather quickly on a larger system.

What do you think? Is there something else you would recommend?

I'm setting up a 175gal display and wondering what to do.

I have used filter socks and hate the maintained that goes with them.

I have read that filter roller may load up rather quickly on a larger system.

What do you think? Is there something else you would recommend?
Depends on your bio load…I hate skimmers….I have a reefmat 500 and love it. But mine is small system…60gl with 8 fish and 2 cleaner shrimp

I have a Reefmat 500 on 125g. If I had the space I would have gone with the 1200. The 500 works just fine. I believe its rated for around 500gph. I'm about 400gph. If you plan on going over the 500gph I would go with the 1200. Easy to change the fleece. Less than 5 mins. Just not having to replace socks every 3 days is a godsent.

I have a reefmat 1200 on a 120 with a 40 gallon sump and it uses 12inches a day and the roll is about 114 ft sollso one roll lasts over 3 months just make sure it's not to deep in the sump

I have a reefmat 1200 on a 270g display. I use about 30" a day, roll lasts roughly a month

1685996904956.png

1685996886736.png

I had a custom roller built by Granite State Aquatics and it is INCREDIBLE. I could not recommend it more, it has made keeping my tank SO much easier, and the work Josh does is absolutely amazing. I recommend it to EVERYONE

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 74
I had a custom roller built by Granite State Aquatics and it is INCREDIBLE. I could not recommend it more, it has made keeping my tank SO much easier, and the work Josh does is absolutely amazing. I recommend it to EVERYONE
Didn’t know you could have that done? That’s awesome

Back