Bondic UV curing epoxy - Anyone using, if so for what?

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Rarely do I find any advertisements that pop up on Youtube helpful, but I wonder about this one. There's apparently an epoxy that cures with UV light. I'm curious if anyone is using this underwater and just putting the UV light in a plastic bag, short term, or even investing in UV flashlight made for underwater use? I've not used super glue much underwater directly in a tank for first of all difficulty applying and getting satisfactory results, but also for some fear of a fish trying to eat it an getting their mouth glued shut (has happened).

What I'm most curious about is if this Bondic stuff is strong and long lasting underwater? Could it be used to secure small frags in spots that might otherwise be difficult to do? Could you even use if for say gluing an entire colony back in place if you had it break off from its attachment point? It is reef-safe, first of all?

Also, curious for source of this stuff, particular at a decent price in large quantities if possible.

I use a UV curing epoxy for fly-tying. It also cures with violet light, which is safer than uv. When it cures it is waterproof. I dont know if it is reef safe or not. I havent used it to glue frags because the UV light wont penetrate a frag plug, so the epoxy that needs to harden and hold the frag in place wont ever harden. It probably could be used to glue a frag to the glass, since then the epoxy could be illuminated.

I used it to repair a pinball machine plastic play field part. Worked really well and was really strong for a very thin piece of plastic.

Back