Anyone wants to build Calcium Reactors together?

I would like to build my own calcium reactor. I think that its going to be cheaper than buying a already made one, and I think I will save money in the long run by not having to add additive.

I have NO idea how to go about doing this, but I am willing to shell out cash for beer, pizza, supplies, etc.

just say when and where and how much if it has not been established already.

I have access to some tools from my neighbor as well. good stuff. power tools baby.

Hey, just wanted to bump this thread. I think it's a great idea. Can we start a list of people interested?

Anyone have a parts list?

Ok,
I'm interested in a double barrel reactor group build as well.
I'll start a thread just for a list of names.

I would be interested in building a reactor. I still have 2 if the tubes everyone purchased from Ebay.

I have pics from when a few of us made reactors. Maybe I can post online.

Hey Scubadave,
your reactor is finished. Contact me about getting it. I have a couple of questions also.

Dan

?? Wow!!, I thought you were joking last time!! I have the mag3 pumps & some sheets of (acrylic - wow pulling a brain cramp), plus some tubes.
I'll send you a PM or an E-mail
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would be interested. We have our tubes already (and might even have an extra 1-2 as well.) WHEN AND WHERE?

R&S

Here is an example of one of the reactors I've built. I have made a few modifications to the recirculation manifold. Instead of using 1 "+" connector for water and CO2 inlets, I used 2 "T" connectors instead.

As I have stated before, I have no problem helping people make these but I really cannot fit that many people into my cellar workshop.

Attachments

• reactor3.jpg
    reactor3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 401
good job

Dan, thats a real nice reactor. I only see one minor problem
its not under my tank...........

count me in.

I can fit 10 or so folks in my basement but lack most of the tools and stuff to build., so if a place is in need, I'll offer up my basement.
Hell we can even to get a few games of pool and darts in......

Rob

If you guys want, I've got enough room for about a dozen people here in Lowell (basement). I've also got a garage, but it would probably be a little too cold in there.

For all of you that want to build reactors and have the tubes from the EBAY purchase I have a little project for you. In order that these tubes mate perfectly to both that base and the flanges the ends HAVE to be made flat. The best way I have found is to take a piece of 300 grit wet/drive sandpaper spray contact adhesive on the back and glue it to a very flat surface. I use a piece of medium density fiberboard.
Now, take your tube into both hands and sand the bottom of the tube using a circular or figure eight motion all the time keeping a firm downward pressure.
This technique is very similar to one used by people who make there own mirrors for telescopes. When one end is done, do the other. Repeat for the second tube. This will take a while but is absolutely nessesary. I would strongly suggest that those who want to build reactors do this, it will save us time when assembly time comes.

Back