Anyone wants to build Calcium Reactors together?

Ha! I did that same thing on my kalk reactor! But I busted the flange with 70 pounds of line pressure. (duh) I just fixed the crack and it doesn't seem to be any worse off, so yours should be fine.

Yeah, I got my o-rings from "Marco Rubber" in North Andover. Every imaginable o-ring under one roof! They gave me a few of various sizes I thought I'd need, and didn't charge me.

Nate

hey guys,
I finally picked up a solenoid, regulator and pump. All I need now is the CO2 tank.
Before I hook it up, I need to know where to attach the CO2 to the reactor? Basically, where does the guage, line in and line out go?

I realy didnt have the patience to read through this entire thread .... But I must give credit to whomever the reactors look awesome .... just wondering now all said and done if you all can put a cost on the DIY reactor ...

MarkO said:
I think I paid about $80 for the tubes, another $60 for other plastic parts, the solenoid/regulator was $135. I've still got to pick up a MAG 2/3 (but I may give it a shot with a leftover Mag 7 I got lying around), but they run $40-50.
I haven't picked up a bottle yet, but I figure that will run $50 or so. I'll build a bubble counter out of spare parts, and I think the ARM might be $15 or so. So to get one up and running, $400 might be a better guess.

Here's Mark's answer to that question. Not sure how that compares to Dan's experience.

Marko's right on the money. Never did see a photo of Marko's completed reactor, How did it come out Marko?

spectrum said:
Marko's right on the money. Never did see a photo of Marko's completed reactor, How did it come out Marko?

I finally got around to finishing it up, but I still need to pick up a CO2 tank. Also, I need to know what connects to the manifold and where?

Two inlets to the manifold are H2O and CO2, I put my CO2 closer to the pump inlet, most likely does not make a difference

spectrum said:
Two inlets to the manifold are H2O and CO2, I put my CO2 closer to the pump inlet, most likely does not make a difference

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but is the H2O RO/DI or saltwater from the tank?

I am getting a friend's calcium reactor he made. I need a CO2 tank. Any idea where's the cheapest place to get one? (gonna start a new thread for this too, actually, a new tread for all the stuff I need)
thanks
-Sean

Back