Apex/Salinity

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
How can I get the Conductivity (Salinity) to show on the display module, it shows all other data but no conductivity?

Jim

I've never used this but wouldn't it be in the display settings (from the computer interface, not fusion) enable 2nd probe then select it from the pull down menu.

Again not sure just a thought while sitting on the couch

I've never used this but wouldn't it be in the display settings (from the computer interface, not fusion) enable 2nd probe then select it from the pull down menu.

Again not sure just a thought while sitting on the couch

The only thing I have used is Fusion don't even know what the "computer interface" is.....:confused:.

Ok do you know what the ip for your apex is? It will be in the display if you go to system-net setup-ip address..... you will see a number that should look so ething like. 192.168.1.4....likely only the last number will be different.
Next open a Web browser on any computer connected to the SAME network as the apex. And type in that number with :8080 at the end (ie 192.168.1.4:8080). It may prompt you for a password if so the default is
User...admin
Pass...admin
From there you are in the apex dashboard. There many things you can do to program from here you cannot from fusion.

Ok do you know what the ip for your apex is? It will be in the display if you go to system-net setup-ip address..... you will see a number that should look so ething like. 192.168.1.4....likely only the last number will be different.
Next open a Web browser on any computer connected to the SAME network as the apex. And type in that number with :8080 at the end (ie 192.168.1.4:8080). It may prompt you for a password if so the default is
User...admin
Pass...admin
From there you are in the apex dashboard. There many things you can do to program from here you cannot from fusion.

Thank you so much for your input, I'm going to give that a try.

Jim

I got this to work just now on mine EXCEPT I had to use :80 not :8080 at the end and the passwork default is 1234 not admin.

How'd you make out?

Well the good news is I'm on the web based program and I like it better than Fusion, I'm guessing fusion will do what this does but things are more at your fingertips with this software. I had the Apex manual printed at Staples I must say it is poorest written manual I have ever come across, I'm not sure what the index in the back is for but the content doesn't match my manual, maybe its for some other manual. I could go on about Apex but I'll just say this design is straight out of the sixties and a step above the old DOS machines a real software engineer would have a blast with this product.
Back to the original question with the help of my wife who knows a bit more than me about computers (but everybody does) we managed to find our way onto the web program though we had issues with passwords and addresses and crashed "Fusion". I think we may have overwritten some "Fusion" files when I try to get on it says "Fusion not connected" and when I diagnose it says its running firmware 4.40_8F15 and I should upgrade to 4.40_CC15. If I try to upgrade I need to go back to hard wired and I'm afraid I'll screw it up and then not have an operating system right now it's working well with the web program, but I feel I should be able to use Fusion also as its the "new" operating system and its a new controller. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Jim

Are you using this manual?
https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

It was actually written by a someone not with neptune systems and was called the "unofficial manual" for about a year before neptune systems adopted it.
As far as fusion not working are you sure it didn't accidently get turned off? In the display it mystery be fusion enabled to work.

hey jim also check bulkreef supply tv apex stuff

go to youtube and just do a search for brstv apex. there a lot of videos that will make you a pro in no time.

Back