AquaC Remora Pro question

t1771

Non-member
I've had my AquaC Remora working perfectly fine with a mag 3 pump and all of a sudden I noticed the water is just trickling out of the return back into the tank. I figured since I am in the process of moving the tank I would upgrade the pump to a mag 5. I jus put the mag 5 on and I'm still haveing the same problm. I just emailed AquaC to see if they could help out, but figured I would get input on here as well. Any ideas what's going on? I thought maybe the balance of the skimmer was off, but could this cause the tricking return?:confused:

sounds like something is clogged. Did you try to remove the nylon screw and clean out the jet with a brush?

nope, where is the screw? i have never done anything to it besides clean out the tower portion once and a while.

if you take the cup off look down inside and you will see a nylon screw, you should have got a small brush with the skimmer when you bought it. remove the screw and just clean it out using the brush. when you put the screw back on dont overtighten it.

take the cup out and look on the left side, mine is a white nylon screw. You will need a small brush that can fit into that opening.

Another suggestion is to look for some salt creep around the tubing from the pump to the skimmer body. I've had quite a bit lately on mine and I think their may be a small crack which is causing it not too skim as efficiently.

thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to take a look at it tonight. Unfortunately when I bought the skimmer it was from a BRS member and he didn't have the brush, but I'm sure I will find something to fit down there! Thanks again!

if you e-mail Remora they will probablly send you a brush for free

they sent me two rubber o-rings for the overflow

I undid the screw last night and tried to clean it out, but it's still not working right. Tonight I will take it apart again.

Finally got to take a good look at the skimmer. I undid the screw and saw an obstruction down near the injector nozzle. I stuck a tiny screw driver in there and out popped a small piece of rock. No idea how it got in there, but skimmer is working great again! Thanks everyone!

Back