AquaC Remora Skimmer Adjustment - Running Wet

wpeterson

BRS Member
I added a user/rebuilt AquaC Remora Nano HOB skimmer to my 29gal nano reed two weeks ago, fed by a new Cobalt Aquatics MJ1200. It's working well and producing a good amount of very wet skimmate.

How wet of a skimmate are folks with the Remora producing? How are you tuning for wet/dry skimmate? Raising and lowering the height of the collection cup?

I've positioned the height of my collection cup intake to be just above the level of bubbles in the chamber without the collection cup in place. Unfortunately, the collection cup base does not fit snugly in the bubble chamber, resulting in some leaked bubbles rising above the collection cup intake. I've read about hacking a firmer seal by attaching cut air tube to form a soft lip around the base that seals better.

Any advice? I've heard a very wet skimmate like this removes more dissolved organic matter, but as the risk of lowering salinity over time.

My instinct is that I should fix the collection cup base to seal snugly and raise the height of my collection cup to allow a greater distance for foam condensation and a thicker/dryer skimmate.

I'm interested in other pps experience here as well. I currently have a Remora S and I have to keep the collection cup raised as high as possible or else I risk overflow. I'm guessing I need to turn the screw to allow more air in? I tried a few times but it seems impossible to loosen without stripping the plastic screw. :(

I used to have a Remora. the trick is to replace the thin airline tubing with a bigger diameter one to allow better air flow, better yet, power it with a PSK 2500. The difference was day and night.

I used to have a Remora. the trick is to replace the thin airline tubing with a bigger diameter one to allow better air flow, better yet, power it with a PSK 2500. The difference was day and night.

The Remora does not have airline tubing but rather a screw to adjust the air into the nozzle. What exactly are you referring to?

Sorry, my mistake, confused with another one.

I've incrementally moved my skimmer collection cup all the way up over the last 3 days and I'm still getting a wet, green skimmate.

Sounds like this may just continue to run wet.

Back