ATI par question

Mill

BRS Member
Hey all, just wondering from experience.. I have a 12 inch high tank with a 6 bulb fixture. Running 50/50 blue plus, coral plus, how much par you think I’m getting at sand. This will be a heavy sps tank

We have PAR meters for lending, shoot @Mixed Reefer doug.murray (at) bostonreefers (dot) org an email with a pic of your license and area you live in. @Mixed Reefer is handling the list now.

Last edited:
Hey all, just wondering from experience.. I have a 12 inch high tank with a 6 bulb fixture. Running 50/50 blue plus, coral plus, how much par you think I’m getting at sand. This will be a heavy sps tank
Probably about 200-250 on the sand bed and 350-400 near the top. If you get the voltage on the fans dialed in you can probably optimize the output, but for a shallow tank you probably don’t need to bother.

I run 8 bulb 10" off the water on a 20" deep tank. 5 B+,1 P+, 1C+, 1 Aquablue Special and am seeing 300-350 on the bottom glass. Supposedly B+ produces the most PAR.

Okay so I should be good. Not going to be toasting things with this light. I was afraid I might be getting 600+ at bottom on my 12inch tank

We have PAR meters for lending, shoot @Mixed Reefer doug.murray (at) bostonreefers (dot) org an email with a pic of your license and area you live in. @Mixed Reefer is handling the list now.

That’s really nice to know!! I’m going to test it out with some corals. And if stuff starts really bleaching I’ll look into the meeter.

Back