ATTN all DIY'ers at the Jan meeting... Quick question about schedule

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Kim and I will be video recording the DIY sessions for the club and I had a question about the schedule posted below...

12:45 pm -1:15 pm - First demo session
- Bangaii first foods by Kiah/Michele
- Acrylic overflow (nano tank) workshop by John Karash/Jimmyj7090
- Hard Coral propagation By Greg Hiller
- Soft coral propagation By Dawn/skyedolphan
- Slice and Dice Anemone By Joe Scavo/scavdog (tenative)

1:45 pm – 2:15 pm - Demo session #2, identical to first demo session.

2:45 pm - 3:15 pm - Demo session #3, identical to first demo session.

My main question is if people plan on doing more than one DIY demo at a time where this would make taping difficult :eek: I'm assuming that only 1 demo will be going at a time but if not please don't be offended if we don't record what you're doing :p If everybody could let me know that would be awesome...

Also if everybody could be nice and quiet so we could get the words of wisdom from the DIY'ers on the recordings that would be great...

I have a separate camera and tripod if additional is needed. Idk if you and Kim want to have two going?

I have a separate camera and tripod if additional is needed. Idk if you and Kim want to have two going?

I'll talk to Kim when I get home... Thanks for stepping up J :D

Last edited:
Well the DIY meeting is a hustle and bustle meeting things will not be quite as many questions come up during presentations this is a interactive event.

It is very educational, that aspect would be lost if people cannot ask questions and get the answers on the spot. talk is welcome this is not a lecture style meeting

any chance of me getting a dvd of the DIY? I am working that day and don't think I can make it but I really wanna see that.

Speaking for my part, as Greg said, it's ongoing and interactive. I don't exactly have a specific presentation to follow. I'll be putting an overflow into a glass tank, and the rest of the time I'll be talking with people, showing tools, and showing how to get deccent seams with scrap material using the "pins method".

If you want to record anything, I'd say get the actual install of the overflow which I'd be doing near the end of the demo times. I could also do a quick "pins method" demo specifically for the camera if that would help.

jk

any chance of me getting a dvd of the DIY? I am working that day and don't think I can make it but I really wanna see that.

We will be making some changes to the site over the next month or so and one of the things you should see if some video posted of meetings. So when the time comes they will be available.

Back