Attn: Chalice Freaks - Heads up on another cool coral!

UncleJT

BOHICA
I haven't seen any people in the club who have a piece of this coral so I thought I'd mention it. If you like Chalice corals, a similar type of LPS is Micromussa sp. - Farmed Fresh Frags has the Smashmouth Micromussa for $10/polyp and it's a great looking coral. Micromussa is one of my favorite LPS's and this Smashmouth variety is an excellent example.

smashmouth_micromussa.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with FFF - I'm just a Micromussa aficionado who noticed a great price on this specimen and wanted to share. I can't wait for my tank to be cycled to get a piece for myself. :D

Check out PVH's stuff he's got some cool micros too. I like em too they remind me of mini acans

I love Micros, the only problem for me is that Micros, more than Acans and Blastos, tend to shift color, and many times lose that awesome bright color they come in with...:( But still another cool LPS.

I'm not sure what Farm Fresh Frags is running for lighting but I presume halides of some wattage.

Attn: Chalice Freaks - Heads up on another cool coral!
I was ready for a photo of a SWEET chalice, but then found a photo of a Mirco:(
If you like Chalice corals, a similar type of LPS is Micromussa sp.
I fail to see the similarity between Chalices and Mircos other then they are both LPS....sorry for being a jerk, but this just seemed like an odd post.

I fail to see the similarity between Chalices and Mircos other then they are both LPS....sorry for being a jerk, but this just seemed like an odd post.
Nope, not a jerk for stating your opinion. You are mostly correct actually. This species in particular is not very chalice like but I have seen other Micromussa species that have a chalice likeness to them. I just like it and got excited so I shared my enthusiasm. :rolleyes:

They just haven't finished all the cool LE names for the micros yet.
Don't worry once they do they'll be hot again :D

I was ready for a photo of a SWEET chalice, but then found a photo of a Mirco:(
Dude, I finally put down my crack pipe and figured out where I screwed up. :: I was mixing up Micromussa and Mycedium. Mycedium is the chalice reference I was thinking of when I created this post, not Micros. My apologies. This smash mouth micromussa is still a pretty cool little piece though. :cool:

JT if you like micros you gotta check out http://www.reefdoctormicromussas.com/privacy.php?n=2 . Some of my micros are from him. They have yet to shift color. I guess I'm lucky. Here are some I have.

Pink Lemonade Micro
20usi2f.jpg

SPStoner Micro
11maro8.jpg

True UFO Micro
2im6fpy.jpg

Tyree Pink Flyod
2ce4w05.jpg

Also have Independence Day and Frosty Micros but haven't taken pictures of them yet.

Back