Attn Majestic Angel owners: info please

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
Hi guys- I'm working on a possible new section to the forums and need to get a few example threads for it. So I need info about majestic angels. Anyone who has kept one or researched keeping one please chime in with pics, experiences, questions, and resources.

Majestic Angel - Pomacanthus (Euxiphipops) navarchus

Considered one of the most reef safe large angels

Picture below taken at a store

Attachments

• DSC07172.JPG
    DSC07172.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Mine sometimes nips at the tips of Montipora digitata, not necessarily a bad thing. It had eaten a fleshy type open brain coral, but leaves some of these alone. It has also partially eaten a Tubipora musica (organ pipe) before I moved it (it recovered).

Mine has picked some zoas...picks a bit at some acros too...all and all still been a good boy as long as I don't forget to feed him

>How long have you had him, Greg?<

I've had the current one for a little over 2 years. I had one prior to that that I lost in a low O2 event. I'd had that one for about 4-5 years I believe.

> got any pictures?<

No, but quite frankly they all look the same provided they are well fed and have normal coloration.

Mine was 90% angel. He didn't touch my zoas, but twice skeletized a staghorn small-colony (he prefered blue).

I loved him, always moving in and out of the rockwork. Great looking fish, nice behaviors.

Majestic

Had one for over 6 years when I had to break down my tank. The gent who purchased the entire 90 gal. set-up (fish and all) kept me updated for 3 years before we lost contact and it was still going strong then. I bought it as a juvenile with a tiny touch of adult showing ( 2 to 2.5 inches in a 50 gal.) and he was well over 8 inches when I sold him in the 90. He ate everything I gave him and pretty much left alone the Gorgonians,Goniporias, Plate corals and Bubble corals I had at the time ( going back almost 20 years or so).
My favorite angel !
I'll try to dig up some old photos. My son just turned 18 and we relived his Christening on video and there were some shots of the aquarium in the video. I miss that tank !!!!:(

Dan

Just got one last week. He is really small, around 3 inches or so and is still a little shy. But he is starting to swim in the open parts of the tank and he eats ewverything that I feed to the tank. Right now I am feeding homemade fish food (scallops, shrimp, squid, clam), dwarf angle food cubes, and mysis....the fish eats it all.

Back