Belmont Pet - Easton, Ma.

sw300galma

Sgt. Tang Police
Great little place GEM.

They don't have a huge selection, but thier prices on SWF are great!!
Dry goods are averaged priced.

Sometimes they are more than half the cost of other places.

Keep in mind thier limited selection. But when they have something you want, get it there...

Everyone is friendly there, but If you want to talk about or ask questions Saltwater fish, talk to Chris, he's there 90% of the time and is very very knowledgeable. I spend an hour talking to him everytime I go there and he's right in line all the time, with what i believe to be correct. Good prices on LR as well.

I live in Brockton, so it's only about 10mins away from me...a great "clutch" store as well.

PH# 508-230-3037

This store used to be in Brockton on Rt 123 (behind Shaws), and recently moved to Easton.

I've been an occasional customer for years - stared shopping there 10+ years ago when they were the only local place selling the Kordon's live food satchels (live bloodworms for fw fish).

I talked to the owner alot (both frequency and duration :D) when they first opened - he used to work for a major regional wholesaler, one that the LFS I managed (back then) bought from. I haven't talked to him as much lately (don't get in there as much as I used to, and he hasn't been there when I have gone in) so I forget his name (I'm bad with names :( ).

He really knows the industry, but I've had some debates with him in the past about the livestock side - especially when they were selling a 20" + nurse shark (wee baby) as a package with a 125g tank (as if that were a big enough tank for the fish).

I do think the SW side looks much better than when they were in Brockton.

This is also a great store for filter parts - whenever I needed some part for the myriad filters in my freshwater tanks, they've had it.

I give them a thumbs up :)

Not a five star store

I cant say that I liked there store as much as many others for SW selection and pricing. I found that there corals when I visited about 2 weeks ago, were over priced... There was one price for every coral in the tank, A stick on sign that said..."all corals in tank $59.99." The corals mostly consisted of very small frags (many of them did not seem too healthy), with the acception of one large green neon SPS. They also didnt really have too many fish, though there SW tanks were quite large... I have to say that I give Belmonts a Thumbs... down :( for there SW livestock selection.

I can say that they had a very large and very orgonized selection of dry goods. All the chemicals and test kits you could ever want (FW and SW). They also have a very broad selection for FW livestock, I immediatly noticed that they carried a 250 dollar Arrowana (which I thought was so cool). :eek:.

So over all I didnt find that Belmonts Pets in Easton MA to be a store worth visiting again :(.

Just got back from there...They got Flame angels for 59.99, Snowflakes for $34.99!! (i paid twice that somewhere else..dummy me)

Shark egg for $50
Bi Color angel for $34.99 (med)

Also some nice LR Show pieces.

sw300galma said:
Just got back from there...They got Flame angels for 59.99, Snowflakes for $34.99!! (i paid twice that somewhere else..dummy me)

Shark egg for $50
Bi Color angel for $34.99 (med)

Also some nice LR Show pieces.

The prices must have risen, because when I went there a couple weeks ago they had no Shark Egg, but 2 or 3 months ago they had one for $39...the two snowflakes that I saw there were maybe 10 in. ea. but dont quote me on that one.

I used to really like this store, but I havnt seen the owner around for a while:(, does anyone know what days he is there, or what happened? maybe im just visiting at the wrong time... Hopefully they bring there SW section up to par with the FW standards.

Edit:also when I most recently when a few weeks ago, they didnt have to many fish...when do they get in all there new fish (maybe I was goin the wrong day for new livestock)

Last edited:
I don't know what to think about this place. I remember his store in Brockton and he was the type that would sell a mandarin for 10 gal. The prices are always different.

turfgrass said:
I don't know what to think about this place. I remember his store in Brockton and he was the type that would sell a mandarin for 10 gal. The prices are always different.

Like I said ONLLY talk to chris about SW stuff.

I called and asked what the price per # is of live rock and they said all different prices. Apparently they don't sell by the # but by the piece. I have never seen it done this way but I guess that I could bring my calculator with me!

They do have different types as well. so that may influence the price per pound.

They have a Beautiful Piece of Fiji for $200, It's gotta be 30lbs+

Back