Belmont Pets in Easton (5 Corners, 106)

Salty Dog

Non-member
Wow.

Went over there tonight. They don't have much for salt water tanks - I would estimate about 200-300 gallons total, but what they do have is impressive as hell. I have NEVER seen so much hair algae in one tank before. It's almost beat out by the aptasia infestation. They do have nice little cards below the tank that tell about all kinds of coral they no longer have in their tanks.

Seriously, it's criminal that the corals in that tank are getting toasted by the hair algae. Only redeeming quality of the store: Open until 9, so good for emergency parts in a jam if you are local to them.

belmont pet

eric, i was there a couple of weeks ago and the hair algae was pretty bad then. a friend that used to buy coral and stuff from the reef shop that i worked at just started working there and told me they just gave him the reigns, so eventually it shoul be good again, just like when it first opened, lata paul

I live in easton, and find myself going there often. Have never honestly been that impressed with it. Havent been there in a few months and cant honestly say that i've seen the hair algae outbreak first hand, but i was never impressed with there prices, selection, or quality of livestock. However, they do seem to have a halfway decent freshwater section.

I was thinking about applying for a job there, but only because its local... i decided against it because i figured it would get shot down due to my age anyways.

Jay

Back