Best cam/webcam/network cam to remotely monitor the tank

Very nice! You inspired me.

We could use a bit better frame rates though.

EpicTouch 4G

ah, sorry -- didn't get a chance to reply earlier. A little busy lately :(

I got this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00724H73U/ref=pe_175190_21431760_B1_cs_sce_dp_1

Yeah, the FPS is a little slow -- I was able to fix it to a certain extent, but I guess that's one compromise you've to make with cheapy cameras ... could've gone for a panasonic but that's a lot more mula -- mula that I'd rather spend on other things ;)

Over-all I'm pretty content; I'll probably (maybe) work on something to embed it on a web page directly; and make a control panel for myself so I can control all aspects of my apex.

Time will tell :)

You have to have a user name and password to log into an Apex. If you leave it at the defaults, yes, that is dangerous. I have had my Apex and before that an ACIII, which I simply put on a different port than 80 and also change the UN and PW to something that only I know. Secure as any other site with a UN and PW.

I used to do dosing with my Apex (alk and calc from BRS), but haven't set it up yet on the new tank (it is only a month or so old). May do it, but am trying to keep the levels up currently with the type of salt I am using and small weakly water changes.

Back