Best controller option

• Alkatronic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apex controller W/ Alkatronic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CapeReefer

Non-member
Hey everyone, been a bit since I posted but will be on the market for a new controller soon and wanted some input in which direction to go.

I’ve had an apex before and the only complaint I had is the reagent costs longevity wise. Aside from that personally it worked great for me as intended and I didn’t have any other issues. (Got sold with my old system)

Got a new system up and running a while back and I’m looking to add a controller and I’ve been back and forth if I wana go back to Neptune or try something different.

Comment or vote (Very top of thread) your best opinion and feel free to add comments with what you’re currently running with PROS & CONS!!!

Any and ALL input is greatly appreciated.
TYIA and Happy Reefing!

I tell everyone if they want a bulletproof system, go with GHL. Myself, @Chris A., @this is me, @Phinfan and a few others here run them as well. I'll be releasing the interview with @Vinny@GHLUSA possibly this weekend. You can see what they offer in terms of equipment during this.
I’m am very interested in GHL. It’s literally the only controller I haven’t seen in person and don’t personally know anyone running one to see in person which is why I didn’t go that route originally when I chose Neptune.

Would you happen to know if they are launching a new model soon? It seems like they have pretty significant discounts right now on bulkreefsupply for some GHL products and usually when they do that they are getting ready to launch a newer model.

I'm in East Bridgewater and you're welcome to come by if you want to see it in action.
I’m interested in more info in the Industrial line and have been trying to look up pricing & where to buy it but can’t seem to find hardly any info. I reached out to Vinny from GHL on reef2reef and waiting to hear back. Seems like it’s only available out of USA currently. Not too sure though. Even their own website has very vague info on it.

There’s a learning curve but I like my GHL stuff. If you’re north shore you can swing by here also.

Attachments

• IMG_5736.jpeg
    IMG_5736.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 79
Haven’t used ghl controllers but I won’t run a tank without an apex now. One of my apexes saved my house from burning down earlier this year. Taking the safety part out of it the unit works great. The trident can be a beat finicky if your not familiar with when to change fluids, calibrations, having failed tests, but once it’s dialed in it’s bullet proof

My GHL Profilux 3EX with 4 power bars have been running since 2011.
I've bought the Profilux 4 but it's still in the box along with the new power bar.

I’m am very interested in GHL. It’s literally the only controller I haven’t seen in person and don’t personally know anyone running one to see in person which is why I didn’t go that route originally when I chose Neptune.

Would you happen to know if they are launching a new model soon? It seems like they have pretty significant discounts right now on bulkreefsupply for some GHL products and usually when they do that they are getting ready to launch a newer model.

Back