BiGGiePauls33 Dream Build | Assembling the System

I had a temporary tank setup for like 6 months that was bare bottom and it was great, but I can't get over how nice a clean sandbed looks!
Don't get me wrong, sandbed do look nice and I even almost ordered 160lbs of sand the other day, but I want high flow for mainly sticks

I made roughly 75 gallons of new saltwater yesterday and pumped into the day, debating whether I start bringing some of the old tank water in today or not. Waiting on some diamond cutoff discs from Amazon to try and cut under encrusted corals and utilize those rocks as a base for the Australian rock.

View attachment 201453
Still lots to do like encase the mounts in the ceiling, mount UV, install ghl goodies, going with optical and mechanical sensor and floats for top off. Have a wireless card for communication of lights, KH Director, dosers etc to install and configure. Little by slow, it's coming along.
This tank looks amazing! This is the exact size im hoping to upgrade to someday but the one i want is the ext 210.

So not looking forward to setting all the electronic stuff up tbh.
As someone who has been putting this off for months I get it haha. No judgement here!
Don't get me wrong, sandbed do look nice and I even almost ordered 160lbs of sand the other day, but I want high flow for mainly sticks
it is doable, I tried adjusting flow patterns and ended up getting most of the sand to stay covering the bottom. My diamond goby and tiger conch do a good job of redistributing the sand over bare areas

Made the call last night at midnight, heater were no longer cutting it in the temp garage pond, down to 71.7 fish and some remaining corals seemed to love the transition to the new tank, now I can really take my time aquascaping in the coming weeks.

3AM
PXL_20240117_075942226 (1).jpg
pic

All fish are loving the added swimming room except for a blue/green chromie (sp?) Saw it the next day in the almost frozen temp tank. My kids were cathing the fish and inverts. My 19 year old did find the lone peppermint, on the floor where we put the rock and noticed it, not sure if it became the triggers snack or not.

Copied from the GHL FB group so I didn't have to type this out again. Picked up a horizontal cabinet from Ikea with swing up glass door. Long way to go with setting up and configuring equipment, wire and cord management but I did get the GHL equipment cabinet hung this afternoon. I may get another and mount it vertically for the Geo 8-18 CaRX. The best part is I can probably now skip the Kamoer FX-Stp and just use one of the Maxi heads for the calcium reactor and the other for pulling top off from my garage. Little by slow, I'll have this reef rocking again. Have roughly 60 pounds of Australian live rock goin in as well.

PXL_20240123_230854986.MP (1).jpg

No real update here, just trying to clean up wires and get everything happy. Did a 50 gallon water change this past week and will do another this upcoming week. CaRX has to be hooked up along with ATO stuff, maxi doser and kh director. Trying to come up with a solution for the 1/2" returns to attach the 3/4" eductors to really turn up the flow. I may go buy a 3D printer this weekend and see if I can print something for that. One can readily buy a 3/4" to 1/2" loc line adaptor but not in reverse, so we shall see.

Pulled the sump last night and moved it externally, so much better to be able to do anything with it not under the stand. My daughter's leaving early in the morning for a trip so hoping I can bang out the remainder of things when she leaves.
435157537_906202944585708_5447993071302310923_n.jpg

Back