Dream fish room with twin 450's has started!

jwm2k3

BRS Member
Hey all, the construction of the twin Tsunami 450's has started!

A bit of background first! I am a fishkeeper for the last 37 years. I've reached the point of being able to build my dream fish room. My wife and I are finishing our basement, and I'm making it happen! Framing is done, electricians are wiring it up now, insulation next, then it's walls and flooring. The fish room will not be connected to my homes HVAC system, it will have its own mini split heat pump and a stand alone dehumidifier. The fish room (which is technically a bedroom) has an attached closet with a sink in it! Within that closet, it will have an RODI setup. I plan on heating the room, not the individual tanks (I plan on 7 tanks in this room, the two 450's, a double stack of 125's and a triple stack of 40 breeders).

The Tsunami tanks measure 8 feet long, 3 feet front to back and 30 inches tall. Both will have corner overflows built in. The sumps are 48 inches by 16 by 16 inches. The two tanks will sit on 30 inch tall aluminum stands. One will be saltwater fish only, the other freshwater planted/cichlid tank. These two tanks will be 6 feet apart on opposite sides of the room. Can't wait for this to all be finished and up and running! I'm gonna need LOTS of help, from carrying them into my basement, to plumbing the sumps, adding auto top offs and mixing station, etc. Please reach out if you can help! I'd love any suggestions on who I can hire to get this all done!!

Here are a few pictures of start of the tanks being built....

Attachments

• processed-AE10D6C8-A0D3-4703-A346-601211DBF452.jpeg
    processed-AE10D6C8-A0D3-4703-A346-601211DBF452.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 48
  • processed-4D0B69B5-C39C-46DC-A030-76E6B819C7C2.jpeg
    processed-4D0B69B5-C39C-46DC-A030-76E6B819C7C2.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 45
  • processed-029FBB48-C6BA-4651-B27A-7B8A72AAFB3B.jpeg
    processed-029FBB48-C6BA-4651-B27A-7B8A72AAFB3B.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 47
Sump photos...

Attachments

• RS 48 x16 x16.jpg
    RS 48 x16 x16.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 16
  • WD 48 x 16 x 16.jpg
    WD 48 x 16 x 16.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 18
Hey all, the construction of the twin Tsunami 450's has started!

A bit of background first! I am a fishkeeper for the last 37 years. I've reached the point of being able to build my dream fish room. My wife and I are finishing our basement, and I'm making it happen! Framing is done, electricians are wiring it up now, insulation next, then it's walls and flooring. The fish room will not be connected to my homes HVAC system, it will have its own mini split heat pump and a stand alone dehumidifier. The fish room (which is technically a bedroom) has an attached closet with a sink in it! Within that closet, it will have an RODI setup. I plan on heating the room, not the individual tanks (I plan on 7 tanks in this room, the two 450's, a double stack of 125's and a triple stack of 40 breeders).

The Tsunami tanks measure 8 feet long, 3 feet front to back and 30 inches tall. Both will have corner overflows built in. The sumps are 48 inches by 16 by 16 inches. The two tanks will sit on 30 inch tall aluminum stands. One will be saltwater fish only, the other freshwater planted/cichlid tank. These two tanks will be 6 feet apart on opposite sides of the room. Can't wait for this to all be finished and up and running! I'm gonna need LOTS of help, from carrying them into my basement, to plumbing the sumps, adding auto top offs and mixing station, etc. Please reach out if you can help! I'd love any suggestions on who I can hire to get this all done!!

Here are a few pictures of start of the tanks being built....
Me too would love to see when finished

Put in a feeding hole in middle of tank. The feeding hole will also have a fitted acrylic top just like the rest of the tops

Attachments

• John Murray Aquarium Rev 1.jpg
    John Murray Aquarium Rev 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 12
Put in a feeding hole in middle of tank. The feeding hole will also have a fitted acrylic top just like the rest of the tops
I love acrylic fish tanks they are the far best. Well to me at least. . Unbreakable and never will Leak . I had many acrylic fish tanks over the years
Awesome looking tank. Thanks for sharing your photos

Back