BiGGiePauls33 Dream Build | Assembling the System

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Hey All,

Figured I'd start this sooner than later as it will be a lengthy process. Currently I have the other build thread here:

CLICK HERE to view.

We're doing some remodeling over here after a bunch of years and my system needs to come down temporarily to have the uneven concrete ground down, leveled and new flooring put in. @Chris A. is a great friend and flooring guy with 30 years experience, highly recommend him for all your flooring needs.
I made my way over to Tractor Supply yesterday and purchased a Rubbermaid 300 gallon stock tank for the housing of my livestock while the flooring on this side of the house gets completed.

PXL_20231007_144623587.MP.jpg

I'd love to go 84" x 36" x 24" Peninsula, but realistically I can't justify spending that kind of money on a glass box at this point in time. More than likely I will be utilizing an Innovative Marine EXT 200 peninsula, large sump and maybe some grow out tanks. Trying to tidy up the current mess here, lol.
IMG_20231005_180232.jpg

Behind the DT there is a half wall that will be coming down. In case anyone was curious, this is an in-law apartment in my Dad's house and with a terrible spine and limited movement will be a lengthy project. Systems need to come down and help in the stock tank, concrete ground, leveled and flooring installed, Half wall demo, moving of baseboard heater that is on both sides of the wall and relocating the electrical. Thankfully there are two 20 amp circuits on that wall already so no pulling home runs to the other side of the house. I'll be taking lots of pictures and possibly even video documenting the process.

I'm planning on using quite a bit of the things that we all accumulate over the years of reef keeping. I'll hopefully be trying my hand at building a large sump. Stay tuned for more updates as the time comes, thanks for looking:)

Give me a call if you need any help.
Appreciate it Paul, it'll be awhile before tank stuff comes into play. I'm leery of putting the stock tank and livestock in the garage during winter even with insulation and heaters but we will see.

Ordered an Innovative Marine EXT 200 Peninsula today, 4-6 month lead time which is fine by me as I have a ton of stuff move out of this room and prepare for flooring. Going to start boxing up some random fish crap and moving to the garage.
Here's my chicken scratch drawing on paper lol.
Maybe one of these days, I'll play with a CAD program and actually draw it out nicely. There's wall that needs to be removed, electrical moved and baseboard heaters before the flooring can be completed.
PXL_20231019_210914706.MP.jpg

Ordered an Innovative Marine EXT 200 Peninsula today, 4-6 month lead time which is fine by me as I have a ton of stuff move out of this room and prepare for flooring. Going to start boxing up some random fish crap and moving to the garage.
Here's my chicken scratch drawing on paper lol.
Maybe one of these days, I'll play with a CAD program and actually draw it out nicely. There's wall that needs to be removed, electrical moved and baseboard heaters before the flooring can be completed.View attachment 198497
Looks good! Besides those 2 chairs that are suspiciously not to scale…;)

Skimmer just arrived. Royal Exclusive Deluxe 200. To quote their USA Rep Scott,
The Bubble Kings are very conservatively rated and sometimes less is more when it comes to skimmer performance since its all about the load. You could have a 1000 gallon main display and a 160 sized skimmer would perform better then a 300 sized skimmer depending on the fish load
That said, even with a truly heavy fish load, I wouldn’t recommend anything larger then a 200 sized skimmer and a truly heavy fish load would be around 150 inches worth of fish between your main display and frag tank

We're up and running finally. Not too shabby for a 47 year old guy (me) with a bad back and a 78 year old. (Dad) Started roughly at 4:30 PM couple 5 gallon buckets at a time.
PXL_20231028_010807709 (1).jpg

Going to take a hot shower and rest tomorrow. Sunday or Monday, I'll be starting the demo project. Hoping to bang it out in a couple weeks. Be nice to have everything done and new tank setup by Christmas.

Back