blue spotted pufferfish

lisa foster

Non-member
Does anyone have any experience with them. I have mine for 2 weeks As soon as 6:30 hits he lays up against the rocks in my tank it is now 9:40 he still ahsn't moved his lazy butt:D I also have never seen him eat yet he is still alive. Do they eat at night his teeth look worn down so maybe he is sneaking snail snacks at night. I alraedy know he is not reef sfae he is just too cute to resist

usually when puffers come into the store they aren't super aggressive feeders. try getting some frozen crabs or something like that and throw them in at night and see whats left when you wake up. if they are chomped up you can be pretty sure he is eating. unless of course you have triggers or something like that in your tank also.

I throw anything in my blue throat grabs it up. I figure if he wasn't eating after two weeks he would have died. His teeth look more filed down since I got him so I figured he was snacking on snails or hrmits. do they eat at night

the ones at the store eat during the day. but we don't keep them with triggers or other aggressive feeders. out of a whole tank they are the last ones to get food. once they are adjusted though they eat like crazy.

Back