Boston Reefers Tank Auction

JayM

Is the algae gone yet?
BRS Member
We had a member graciously donate a BRAND NEW tank to the club, which we are auctioning off as a fundraiser.

The tank is an Oceanic 135g, which is a 6 foot tank. It has starfire glass on the front panel, and is reef ready with 2 overflows. We're including 2 Aqueon overflow kits with it. This tank is beautiful, still has the labels on it, and has never had water in it.

It is a package which retails for over 1100.00.

As the club has done in the past, we are going to hold a silent auction. You must be a BRS member to bid on, or win this tank. The auction will be an 'eBay style' auction. All auction bids will be in the form of a PM to me. Think about it for a few days, then after the first week, once a day, or more often if I have the time, the high bid will be updated here in this thread. The thread will be closed. You can also PM me your highest bid, and I will (in the eBay style) automatically outbid for you up until your high bid is reached. The currently winning bidders will only be referred to as bidder #1, 2, etc. Do not expect a return PM me for each bid. If you PM me, I will get it. Payment will be via Paypal, check, or cash at the next BRS meeting. All proceeds for this auction will go directly to fund club activities. The bidding will end 2 weeks week from next Saturday night (11-14) at midnight, when we will announce the winner while I gorge myself on the rest of the Nestle's Crunch bars from my kids' Halloween baskets

Some interesting notes:
If the bidding goes over $800, you will also be able to cherry pick 30 pounds of fiji premium dry rock out of my personal collection to help start the aquascaping of this piece of glass art.

If the bidding goes over $900, for every dollar over it, I will throw in 1 pound of rock, up to 100 pounds

If the bidding goes over $1000.00, we will also throw in 100 pounds of REAL southdown sand

If the bidding goes over $1100, we will also throw in 50 gallons of Nutri-Sea natural seawater for your tank fill.

If it goes higher than that, I'll add more goodies in. ;)

The winner will be responsible for picking it up in Southborough, MA, or arranging delivery....by someone other than me.

Bidding begins at $250.00. Good Luck!

Last edited:
sweet idea! Dimensions might be a good idea so people can get an idea on the size..

IIRC it's 72" long, 24" wide" and 30" tall?

Good luck everyone! Sweet tank!

According to Oceanic's current specs - L 72.5 x W 18.5 x H 25
Not positive that this tank is that but it's a good bet.

I WON?!?!?!? Sweet, where do I pick it up???? :D

Very generous of someone.

Good luck all!!

it's your as soon as the check clears. :p

we're going to have a 2 week bidding period, while people can think about it, then get their tape measures out to see where it will fit for the first week, then the bidding for the second.....good luck everyone!

Greg may even post a picture or two later on next week......

Last edited:
Bidding is now open, bidder number 1 has bid $250.

Get your bids in :D

Wow, finally got some activity!

Bidder #3 Bid $295
Bidder #1 Bid $300
Bidder #2 Bid $305

Only a few more days to bid, this is an absolutely gorgeous tank...plus the money goes right back to the membership! Get those bids in, don't want to be kicking yourself later;)

Perfect time for an upgrade:D

The trim is black, overflows in the back, reef readyoverflow kits.....beautiful. Has the oceanic polished edges, black silicone.

Last edited:
Bidder #4, $310
Bidder #2, $315

This thing is a :: steal :eek: at this price!

Back