Boston Reefers Tank Auction

It's true Gina. I did make a promise to my husband though that I would never ask him to do plumbing again. So I have to recruit a plumber because I just don't have enough experience and do not trust myself!

Thanks Tabittha -- it is going into my kitchen and will replace the tank that is there. Same dimensions except length. And well... starfire glass!!!!!! :::D

Jay, I am trying to recruit people to help not just on your end but on my end as well. It's a big baby to move around! There were three of us that took my 180 out of my truck and it was not enough people. I do not want that scare again. :eek:

Anyone reading -- we need one more person to help lift into my expedition at Jay's house in Southboro and am thinking about next Monday .... but final date is not set yet.

I moved it with another guy when I loaded it originally, but my back paid for a long time after that.

4 would be optimal, 3, OK.

The third one to take each side as it is sliding into he SUV...and out of my life :D

The bummer is, I now have to clear a path through my disaster of a basement to get it out through the door.

That other guy won't be there this time :D

It is very heavy compared to the old standard 135. So you know upfront it is a small 1/2day hike to get to Jay's Basement. Kinda like going to Goldilocks house, but you'll be carrying a tank ::

I moved it with another guy when I loaded it originally, but my back paid for a long time after that.

4 would be optimal, 3, OK.

The third one to take each side as it is sliding into he SUV...and out of my life :D

The bummer is, I now have to clear a path through my disaster of a basement to get it out through the door.

You guys are really cheering me up! Sounds like some dollies would be helpful. But I am sure you will tell me that it is also gravel and not paved..... :(

You guys are really cheering me up! Sounds like some dollies would be helpful. But I am sure you will tell me that it is also gravel and not paved..... :(

You're pretty good at this Sherri! :rolleyes:

Oh, and I don't think I said Congrats on the tank.

That other guy won't be there this time :D

It is very heavy compared to the old standard 135. So you know upfront it is a small 1/2day hike to get to Jay's Basement. Kinda like going to Goldilocks house, but you'll be carrying a tank ::

you might be.....

Goldilocks? :p

I think that it's going to be closer to park on the street. I figure it is going to be about 175 feet from the corner of the basement where it lives to the street, but it is uphill - both ways :rolleyes:

Greg ... Goldilocks????? :p:p

Thanks Brian -- and congrats on your new role as a mod ...

Thanks Heather -- certainly wasn't planned!

So I can't drive the expedition around to the basement??? I keep trying for the easy solution! It's 4 wheel drive...

unless you can push down oak trees that are about 18" in diameter, or make your truck, really, really skinny, it ain't gonna happen.....

I've been in that basement:eek:

Press here:

Attachments

• easy-button.jpg
    easy-button.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 206
Maybe if the button is the 'start' button on a front end loader :D

I actually cleared a path - once I move 2 of the old kitchen's cabinets out of the way

Okay -- if we did this Saturday instead of Monday could more people help? Remember -- I have to try and get help on my end too!

FYI, my house is less than 15 minutes from the framingham meeting.....

Would anyone .. could anyone else help before the meeting to load the tank? Would that work Jay?

it would have to be early-ish, I need to get there to help set up.....

Seems a bit complicated so let's go back to Monday -- no one seems to be jumping in -- we made it sound just too appealing. I will try and find someone to bring with me so there are four of us.

I was planing on going to help set up for the meeting, if you wanted some help before the meeting, depending on the time because i live more then an hour away from the meeting, i could give a hand.

Back