Breeding Clownfish

I'll probably be looking to sell my pairs soon.I have way too many babies, and I'm trying to sell my house. I don't think a fish room is a selling point.

I turned off the airline last night, and forgot to put it back on. Killed 75% of the babies in that video. Very sad. I still have two more tubs full of fish. So mad at myself.

Damn those little mistakes... On a good note, you smashed it with the breeding. I love seeing that.

Wow. Nice video president! I am thinking about breeding. There is lots of good information out on rearing them. One question I have is what abnormalities do you look for on fish you have to cull. I want to make sure I don't put any inbred genetics problems out there. I have heard of mouth deformation and fin problems. What should I look out for and what stage can you make the decision?

The one i see most frequently are flared gills. I hadn't culled them yet, but my stupidity culled them last night. I believe it's due to high ammonia during larval stages. The other people don't cull for is misbars. Yes misbars are not bred on purpose. They are due to poor larval diet. If you want to get into breeding let me know. I have so much stuff, and so little time.

Thanks for the info. I'll know to keep that ammonia down. I'm thinking about starting in the Fall, right now I have a pair of frostbite clowns. I gave them a flower pot but am still waiting for them to lay. It may be some time. I also have some snowflake clowns that are a little more mature, but they are in a small tank stuffed with sps so there is no place for the flowerpot.

They are all set up in a tank by themselves now. Check it out here

https://youtu.be/sj53PJfhAM0

Now I need to wait for some magic to happen before I start preparing the fry feeding set-up. I may put a whole flower pot in there. Right now I just have a ceramic dish.

I like the color of the extreme white one. I am ready to take the breeding plunge. I have my tank set up ready to go then I have my phytoplankton culture coming in this week. After I get a several 2 liter bottles of phytoplankton going then I will get my rotifiers going next.

skip phytoplankton and go with rotigrow+ for rotifers and rotigreen omega for green water. Phyto is such a pain. My suggestion is pricey, but you will have more fun not culturing phyto. I have all sorts of breeding stuff laying around since i haven't raised any new fish since February. PM if you need anything.

Hopefully these pics post properly. A couple of pics tonight of my clowns. The small obe I picked a few days ago and it is already hosting in my long polyp toadstool with my other clown

uploadfromtaptalk1436917546791.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436917644213.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436917885239.jpgthe larger clown I got from Frank180 the smaller one I picked up from president89. Both breed by members of the club I believe. uploadfromtaptalk1436917984762.jpg

That little guy maybe develop into a Picasso. That's an example of of one I sell as a misbars true perc. Thanks for the photos.

For those who saw my setup. It's all gone. I have my babies in a 5g bucket, and my picasso pair in another 5G bucket. I sold off or gave away everything else. I am moving into a new house on monday. Hopefully the fish make the move ok.

Back