Brs 2 part Mg

badlands25

Non-member
So I just purchased the ingredients to make the brs Magnesium formula. I use i.o. reef crystals already and it has a healthy initial dose of mg, cal, alk. Instead of doing the 20oz initial dose. Does anyone know what the recipe is for reg dosing. i.e. 2 oz per 50 gallons = 50 ppm of mag Any help is appreciated. If it helps I have a 75 gal tank with sps. lps and zoas. 100lbs lr and 50 lbs of sand. Total water volume is around 50 gal I think

If your Mg. is already good from the salt mix,then you probably wont ever need to dose.
Magnesium depleats really slow,much more slowly than calcium and alk.I've gone months with just water changes and only a few times I've had to dose Mg.
And that's with some rather large SPS,clam and also dripping kalk(that's suppose to depleat Mg. faster).

If your Mg. is already good from the salt mix,then you probably wont ever need to dose.
Magnesium depleats really slow,much more slowly than calcium and alk.I've gone months with just water changes and only a few times I've had to dose Mg.
And that's with some rather large SPS,clam and also dripping kalk(that's suppose to depleat Mg. faster).

you must use a good salt mix!

I used you mix a combo of Tropic Marin and I.O.
Then moved on to Red Sea reef crystals.
Now I use I.O. reef crystals.I don't have any favorite,whatever I can get and is cheapest.
I mix Randy's ice melt Mg. mix.I dose a gallon at a time when it's needed.
But recently the Mg. has been staying around 1350 ppm testing with Elos.

Back